Position Title: Senior Instrument Engineer
Country of employment: The Netherlands
Working Options: Full time
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Place in the Organization: Project Team Major Projects
Reports to: Engineering Manager and Project Manager
Language: Fluent in English and Dutch (both verbally and in writing)
Work Location: Rotterdam- Europoort
Anticipated assignment length: Until end 2027/28.
The company is one of the world’s largest independent commodities trading houses by turnover. Several major projects are being planned, including:
- Ammonia storage facilities
- A HVO unit for the production of renewable diesel and aviation fuel
- A hydrogen purification unit (PSA) and LPG recovery facilities, and
- Several modifications to existing facilities.
All projects in the FEED phase and the EPC phase of these projects will start in the coming months. The Senior instrument Engineer will be responsible for Process Automation System Engineering, Safety Instrument System & Safeguarding, Process Control Domain Integrity, Operations Interfaces and Field Instrumentation. He will participate in the project teams during the FEED, the detailed engineering, the construction, and mechanical completion the Commissioning and start-up phase of the projects.
As a member of the Project team, he / she contributes to the maturing the projects and provide discipline expertise. The selected person will be responsible for managing and completing a wide range of Instrumentation functions such as:
- Review and approve project specifications of DCS and EDS systems, ESD, F&G systems PLC's and other packaged PLC's.
- Review and approve project specifications of PLC and DCS configurations.
- Review and approve project specifications of GCs and field analyzers.
- Review and approve project specifications of gas detectors in process area and buildings.
- Review and approve project specifications of loop wiring diagram-, logic diagram- and pneumatic hook design.
- Assist instrument technicians during trouble shooting of field instruments. Fault finding in field panel wiring, DCS and PLC marshalling cabinets, JBs and field instruments.
- Review and approve project specifications of the instrument maintenance procedure and calibration procedures.
- Review and approve project specifications of field instrumentation such as mass flow, vortex flow, ultrasonic flow and level, radar level, MOVs, control valves and in-situ analyzers.
- Support instrument and control engineers of Engineering Contractors and Construction Contractors.
- Establish a safety-first culture to the project.
- Provide Engineering and Construction expertise.
- Ensuring delivery to agreed quality standards, schedule and cost.
- Build an excellent relationship and interface with OWNERs project
team and design/construction contractors.
- Manage support with respect to HSE, Design Reviews, Quality Assurance and Control.
- Implement the relevant engineering standards, capture lessons learned through pre- and post-project reviews, implement quality, and provide specialized technical support to projects and also to operations and maintenance.
- 15+ years engineering and Brownfield/Greenfield work experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or related fields.
- Applied Knowledge of European Norms.
- Thorough knowledge of projects and his discipline within engineering
- Support instrument and control engineers of Engineering Contractors.
- Support of Electrical and instrumentation installation contractors.
- Good communication skills and aptitude for taking initiatives are essential.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Working experience on the entire project life cycle (from conceptual design through to final commissioning and handover).
- An HSE driven mindset.
- Good people management.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of policies, procedures and best practices in the areas his/her discipline.
- Good planning skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
We fully support the Diversity and Inclusiveness and will ensure these are adhered to during the selection process.
If you think this is the right opportunity for you, email your CV to email@example.com.