Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oil & Gas - Offshore Gas
Control & Instrumentation
July 20, 2023
Senior Instrumentation Engineer – Aberdeen, UK
Brief Job Overview
The Senior Instrumentation Engineer will work on a thriving energy contract for 12 months, executing activities across all phases of the project including Conceptual Studies; Basic; FEED; Detailed Design and Procurement through to Commissioning.
Key responsibilities and main tasks:
• Work activities will include both project and proposal work where both the technical approach and continuity must be aligned.
• Projects and proposals are for process plants and facilities across the Chemical; Oil and Gas; and Power sectors.
• Project work will include the development of Instrument Engineering deliverables as required on a project-by-project basis.
• Project work as the functional Lead Engineer for projects as required by the C&I Group Manager, or a Senior Engineer.
Assist the C&I Group Manager in:
• Developing corporate procedures, standards, specifications, and the required design tools for compliance with the SHE policy and efficient execution of production work.
• Defining the Development and Training needs for the discipline, supporting graduate and young Engineer/designer development.
The experience shall include:
• Experience of Instrument Engineering on Medium / Large capital projects from concept to start-up.
• Competent of working within the C&I Discipline of a contracting organisation.
• Competent to Lead the C&I Discipline on Small Projects.
• Degree qualified for the related discipline.
• Have or are working towards Chartered Engineer status as a Member of the Institute of Measurement and Control (IMC) or Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
• Proven ability for equipment specification and selection and in ensuring compliance from the suppliers, preferably within an EPC contracting organization.
• Competent in project execution using selected design tools and techniques.
• Competent for budget & Schedule control/monitoring and reporting.
• Competent in design safety, and constructability.
• To be able to work to Company standards.
• Innovative when appropriate.
• Competent in the application, specification, and requisitioning of DCS, PLC, and SIS systems, with experience of the system's full lifecycle.
• Experience in Functional Safety including, knowledge of BS EN 61508/61511, development of a Functional Safety Management Plan, participation in Safety Reviews, development of SRS/SIL Calculations, and verification and validation activities.
• TUV or similar Functional Safety Engineer qualification.
• Competent in Instrumentation and Control requirements for Mechanical packages.
• Competent in Electrical protection methodologies.
• Competent in Specification, technical bid analysis, and requisitioning of Field Instrumentation and Analysers.
• Competent in Sizing flow devices/control valves/relief devices.
• Competent in P&ID development.
• Automation and Control life cycle activities.
• Safety System life cycle activities.
• Fire & Gas systems.
• Familiarity with the exSILentia software package preferred.
• Experience working with global integrated delivery teams is preferred.
• CompEx qualified.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry.