Airswift is looking for a Senior Lead Project Costing for one of our major clients in the Netherlands!
Location: Hoofddorp, Netherlands
Contract: 6 months renewable
Project: Steel Factory
Key words: Cost, Construction, Steel, Renewable
Are you a skilled cost control expert with a passion for driving financial excellence in groundbreaking projects? We are seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to join us as a Senior Lead Project Costing. As part of our visionary team, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring impeccable cost control and compliance with financial regulations for two major areas of the H2GS Boden Project - one of the largest industrial projects in the history of Sweden.
- Supervision, cost management for major areas, estimating in alignment of project objectives. Providing support to the given EPCM Contractors and assistance in resolution of problems.
- Co-ordinate monthly meetings with EPCM contractors to review Cost Reports, Cashflows, change Management etc. and establish a process to accurately forecast cost upwards from Construction Contractors and supply vendors.
- Coordinate the interface with stakeholders, including finance and accounting, to prepare written cost analysis and reports on timely and accurate forecast of project cost status.
- Coordinate with Area Managers on Cost Review meetings monthly. Interface with the Cost Team and Finance to prepare monthly internal reports.
- Prepare and assist the Cost Manager in the development and delivery of written/oral presentations to stakeholders.
- Around 10 years of cost control experience, working on major projects with EPCM contracting approach.
- Fully conversant with the terms and can apply cost engineering, estimating and planning engineering practices contained in AACE and PMI standard level practices.
- Sound understanding of project delivery phases and activities performed during project phase as detailed in the Cost Management procedures and guidelines.
- Full understanding of cross-functional interfaces with engineering, procurement - materials and various purchase orders, contracts, construction, safety, quality, finance/accounting, planning and document control.
- Keep abreast of the ongoing work of the project to discern adverse trends, potential problem areas, opportunities and participate in their proactive management.
- Working experience with cost control software; and do analysis on Cost savings value engineering scenarios. Implement effective reporting in accordance with guideline.
- Skilled knowledge of estimating techniques and proven ability to oversee major project estimating development and reviews.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take on additional tasks and objectives that goes beyond Project Controls work-scope.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with all colleagues, both inside and outside the project team.
- Ability to work well as an integral part of a large project team that includes various high-priority stakeholders, engineering disciplines, construction management team, EPCMs and 3rd party suppliers.