We are currently recruiting an experienced Rolling Stock Consultant to work for a global consultancy with an expansive list of Western Australian rail projects, across both passenger and heavy haul rail networks.
Location- Perth, WA
- Manage all aspects of consultancy assignments undertaken for clients including allocation, estimating, tendering, planning, execution and close out
- Providing specialist engineering guidance and expertise related to the rolling stock / locomotive discipline
- Assist in improving maintenance processes, strategies, scopes of work and modifications to improve rolling stock safety, performance, reliability and cost
- Design and checking of mechanical / electrical systems submitted by the design team or contractors, ensuring they conform to required standards
- Lease and Whole Life cost model development and management
- Assist in identifying new business opportunities and business development including tenders/bids
- Mechanical / Electrical Engineering Degree
- 5+ years' experience in the rolling stock domain ideally across design / project management
- Experience in the design and manufacture of rolling stock
- Experience in working in either a new-build or operational / service environment
- Understanding of interrelated systems and subsystems such as brakes, HVAC, traction systems, train control systems, signalling etc.)
- Exposure to heavy and light rail systems, both passenger and freight
- Understanding of Australian and European rail standards
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information.