Responsibilities are but not limited to:
Reporting to the Mechanical Section Head:
- To independently determine and draft the Requisitions for packages of mechanical components and / or equipment that are required in a project, assists in evaluating the technical aspects of bids and executing in order to deliver the packages on time and to ensure that the packages meet the technical requirements
- Independently develops technical specifications and attachments that are part of Requisitions.
- Independently evaluates the technical and engineering aspects as well as issues related to components delivery of bids received from suppliers and gives assessment to the Senior Engineer.
- Upon award to the successful tenderers, executes the orders for complex and / or medium risk packages by ensuring that documents (such as data sheets, drawings etc.) provided by the suppliers are complete, accurate and in order. An example is the specifications and information related to the interfacing between the mechanical component and other components.
- Being the focal point in respect of those packages handled, liaises and coordinates with various internal stakeholders, other discipline engineers, quality team, Engineering contractors and suppliers, ensuring that their needs are met timely and according to the specifications.
- Periodically visits suppliers, checks and tests the packages and their components to ensure that they function as per specifications.
- Provides technical/engineering support and advice to Construction/Commissioning work at site, trouble shoots and follows up with suppliers to rectify the defects or problems.
- Resolves technical issues independently that may arise during the execution of packages.
- Is responsible for capturing lessons learned in his/her functional area, entering in MIMS, and closing out project related MIMS actions.
- Guides junior Engineers.
- Bachelor’s in mechanical engineering
- 10 years or more of relevant working experience in Mechanical engineering in oil and gas sector.
- Understands the specifications and requirements in mechanical components and equipment (such as compressors, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, pumps etc.) of the assigned project.
- Is aware of the following:
- applicable industry standards, Company standards, specifications, and procedures for his functional area;
- Expert knowledge in the application of mechanical components such as pressure vessels, heat exchangers, pumps, compressors, Generators etc and market practices in the oil and gas sector.