With minimal guidance, drafts the Requisitions for packages of mechanical components and / or equipment that are required in a project, assists in evaluating the technical aspects of bids and executing in order to deliver the packages on time and to ensure that the packages meet the technical requirements.
- Responsible with minimum guidance for Mechanical Marine vendor packaged equipment in compliance with applicable International codes (such as IMO, SOLAS) Classification Rules, ASME, etc.
- Engineering document preparation: develops technical specifications/standards and Requisitions.
- Supplier selection: evaluates the technical and engineering aspects of bids received from suppliers and gives assessment to the Senior Engineer. Generally, non-complex packages and low risk equipment are assigned to the Engineer.
- Reviews Supplier documents (such as data sheets, drawings etc.) for their completeness, accuracy, and compliance. Being the focal point, liaises and coordinates with various stakeholders.
- Provides technical/engineering support/visit and preparation for quality work at supplier shop and Construction/Commissioning work at site under guidance by the Lead/Senior engineers.
- Technical issue resolution: resolves technical issues using acquired knowledge that may arise during the execution of package engineering, fabrication and post delivery.
- Compliance with HSSEQ policies by ensuring business activities and decisions conform to the laws and regulations and demonstrates high standard of ethical behavior.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in Mechanical engineering in oil and gas sector, preferable experience in FPSO, offshore application
- Understands the specifications and requirements in the area of marine mechanical packages and equipment (such as Essential and Emergency Generator, Non API pumps, Inert Gas Generator package, low and High Foam Expansion Packages, etc., ) of the assigned package.
- Possess relevant experience working on EPC projects
- Possess leadership skills in communication, time management and adaptability
- Experience with software & technology systems: Advanced Microsoft Office and intermediate AutoCAD