Location: Stockton – possible hybrid work
Contract duration: 12 months
Start date: ASAP
Employment Type: Contractor
Reporting Manager Title: Discipline Manager
Project Name: Northvolt
Recruitment partner: Airswift
Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. We are more than 48k of employees, present in more than 49 countries. Our goal is to deliver a more sustainable world.
Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity. Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us. If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with us.
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our project delivery operation based in Stockton.
You will join the Mechanical Engineering Department which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for mechanical equipment. The Department consists of Rotating, Static and Packaged Equipment and Mechanical Handling sub-disciplines and also the HVAC and Metallurgy disciplines. Engineering positions typically involve the selection, specification, design and requisitioning of mechanical equipment.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Delivering Mechanical engineering services that meet our customer and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget
- Writing and checking mechanical specifications and data sheets
- Writing and checking technical content documents to support Enquiry Requisitions
- Reviewing Supplier bid documents
- Compiling and checking Technical Bid Evaluations to capture technical bid clarification responses
- Coordinating Bid Clarification Meetings and fully responsible for discussion of technical content
- Acting as a single focal point for supplier document review and approval for several equipment packages
- Monitoring assigned packages for technical compliance, contractual compliance and QA/QC compliance
- Considering the environmental, commercial, safety and operational aspects of design
- Responsible for review and integration of our Client specifications and standards into the equipment design and quality standards
- Liaising with multi-discipline project teams, project/engineering management and Client representatives for project activities as required
- Progress monitoring to maintain the schedules and reporting of progress to management
- Reporting of issues related to management of change
- Identifying risks in the workplace, on site and in the project work undertaken
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering
- Experienced engineer with sound technical background and expertise
- Experienced in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
- Experienced in the use of design and assessment methods used within discipline
- Competent in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
- Ability to think creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems
- Able to estimate man-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work
- Experienced in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work
- Competent in design safety/environmental requirements, procedures and responsibilities for both self and subordinates
- Team player experienced in working collaboratively to identify the best solutions for problems encountered and tenacity to drive these solutions with satisfactory application up to a final conclusion
- Adopt our company principles related to diversity and inclusion