Location: Gunvor Refinery Rotterdam-Europoort
Contract duration: initial 12-month assignment, expected project duration until 2027 / 2028
Start date: ASAP
Project(s): Several major projects are being planned, including: Ammonia storage facilities, A HVO unit for the production of renewable diesel and aviation fuel, A hydrogen purification unit (PSA) and LPG recovery facilities, and Several modifications to existing facilities.
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Ryan Kirkpatrick
All projects in the FEED phase and the EPC phase of these projects will start in the coming months. The Senior Mechanical / Piping Engineer will be responsible for piping and mechanical engineering aspects of our major projects, and will participate in the project teams during the FEED, the detailed engineering, the construction, and mechanical completion the Commissioning and start-up phase of the projects.
As a member of the Project team, the Senior Mechanical / Piping Engineer contributes to the maturing the projects and provide discipline expertise. The successful candidate will be responsible a wide range of Static and Rotating Equipment / Piping / Storage tank activities including:
- Review and approve project specifications for Equipment, Bulk materials and Storage tanks,
- Supervision of the activities of the FEED contractors,
- Supervisions of the activities of the EPC contractors.
Key activities and accountabilities will include:
- Establish a safety-first culture to the project.
- Provide Engineering and Construction expertise.
- Ensuring delivery to agreed quality standards, schedule and cost.
- Build an excellent relationship and interface with OWNERs project team and design/construction contractors.
- Manage support with respect to HSE, Design Reviews, Quality Assurance and Control.
- Implement the relevant engineering standards, capture lessons learned through pre- and post-project reviews, implement quality, and provide specialized technical support to projects and to operations and maintenance.
- 15+ years engineering and Brownfield/Greenfield work experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or related fields.
- Applied Knowledge of American and European Norms.
- Thorough knowledge of projects and this discipline within engineering
- Support mechanical and piping engineers of Engineering Contractors.
- Support of mechanical and piping installation contractors.
- Good communication skills and aptitude for taking initiatives are essential.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Working experience on the entire project life cycle (from conceptual design through to final commissioning and handover).
- An HSE driven mindset.
- Good people management.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of policies, procedures and best practices in the areas his/her discipline.
- Good planning skills.