Senior Pipeline Engineer - Malaysia
Summary on Airswift:
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Senior Pipeline Engineer to work within their facilities located in Malaysia.
Brief summary on the location/client:
Our client is a national petroleum exploration and production company dedicating to provide a sustainable petroleum supply to various region.
Senior Pipeline Engineer specialized in pipeline system design, H2S, high CO2 for 2-year contract.
- Be a project focal point of offshore pipeline system design (pipeline, riser, bend, coating, concrete, etc.) for Lang Lebah development.
- Prepare and fulfill the technical requirements of offshore pipelines system to the tendering process from project strategy, shortlist, evaluation until the award.
- Oversee the engineering contractor to complete offshore pipeline basic engineering and basis of design for EPCI package.
- Oversees/Supervises the FEED and EPCI Contractors to carry out the FEED, detailed engineering, equipment/ material specifications, procurement strategy, pipeline material packages, coating, transportation and pipeline laying.
- Responsible to ensure that all pipeline engineering works are completed in accordance with the applicable contract(s), specifications, design codes and standards including COMPANY, PETRONAS, and Government requirements and regulations as well as the Project Quality and HSE plan during FEED and EPCIC.
- Review metocean data and verify the data to be used in each area e.g. offshore, shallow water, shore approach
- Review geophysical and light geotechnical survey data and reports including verify the data of existing facilities related to pipelines in Lang Lebah Development project
- Review and verify the riser locations at CPP together with piping, structural and safety engineers considering the top most benefits to company in terms of install-ability of future pipeline tie-ins, cost effectiveness, safety concerns, flare radiation etc.
- Supervise and control of pipeline FEED and detailed engineering activities. Review engineering activities e.g. wall thickness design, cathodic protection, on-bottom stability, end expansion, on-bottom roughness, allowable free span analysis, riser and tie-in spool design, global buckling and walking, riser VIV, riser clamp design, pipeline crossing, dropped object analysis, all relevant drawings etc.
- Supervise and provide guidance of preparing project particular specifications for pipeline design, materials, construction, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning. Project particular specification for line pipe shall be developed considering high resistant to H2S embrittlement and associated effects, low temperature services for rapid depressurized event, steel metallurgical and composition, steel grade optimization in consultation with the integrated pipe mills.
- Assure the technical quality of engineering activities involved with the design, procurement, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning of offshore pipelines and associated facilities.
- Ensure that all pipeline engineering activities comply with project specifications, relevant codes and standards, 3rd Party agreements, authority regulations, and Government legislation.
- Interface with related discipline during FEED and EPCI work such as flow assurance, pipeline risk assessment, safety studies, ALARP, HAZID and HAZOP
- Contact and engage third party consultants for engineering service of preliminary Engineering Critical Assessment (ECA) study to avoid Post Weld Heat Treatment (PWHT) and ascertain weld quality and opportunity arriving acceptable flaw size
- Contact and engage third party consultants for engineering service of burial, trenching and backfilling requirements at shallow water and shore approach areas for cost and specific design optimization purposes
- Prepare CFT Package, perform technical bid clarification and prepare technical bid evaluation for line pipe LLI, EPCIC and Pan Malaysia Pipeline Installation.
- Participates the procurement strategies and the procurement processes to obtain the most appropriated vendors to provide the pipeline materials and services. His/Her work includes the bidder list reviews, material specifications, evaluations, service orders/contracts, recommendation, vendor’s inspection and test plans (ITP), manufacturing progress, logistic, custom clearance and delivery.
- Support project and Asset team in preparing any technical information required for getting an approval from other operators and/or third parties e.g. crossing over the existing pipeline of other operators
- Support project team to sourcing third party services e.g. CA, MWS
- Responsible for all procurement activities of pipeline and riser long-lead items e.g. line pipe, induction bends, line pipe and bend coatings from RFQ package preparation until long-lead items are ready at site. The activities shall include but not limited to preparing RFQ package and TBE criteria, technical clarifications/qualifications, technical bid evaluation, kick-off meeting with manufacturers, supervision and quality control on manufacturer documents e.g. MPS, ITP, NDE, SSC, HIC procedures, supervision and control in manufacturing procedure qualification tests and productions, QA/QC inspection, transportation between manufacturers, interface management between manufacturers, transportation to site, MWS approval.
- Supervise and control in fabrication and construction of pipelines and risers e.g. welding procedure specifications and qualifications including repair procedures, welders and welding operators qualifications and welding personnel list, NDT procedures and qualifications, field joint coating procedures and qualifications, field joint applicator qualifications
- Supervise and control in transportation and installation engineering and installation activities of all pipelines at offshore including shallow water and shore approach
- Support Company Site Representatives to resolve any technical issues during pipeline installation campaign. If no separate Company Site Representatives assigned, senior pipeline engineer shall manage team to be and/or be responsible as Company Site Representative on board/at shore site during pipeline installation activities
- Interface with Operation team, external parties including other PACs to ensure a smooth design, procurement, construction, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning and handover of offshore pipelines and risers
- Interface and support Onshore Gas Plant team to ensure a smooth design, procurement, construction, installation of shore approach at OGP2 including pre-commissioning and commissioning interface activities of related pipeline
- Monitor and appraise the performance of the contractors. Initiate and implement the corrective actions when the performance of the contractor deviates from the project direction/requirements.
- Report the progress of the works to a line supervisor. Identifies the problem areas, solving and suggests the appropriated solutions/actions to a line supervisor as necessary.
- Promote and ensure effective implementation of SSHE rules and engineering best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/ Civil/ Engineering or related fields
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in Offshore pipeline system (pipeline, riser, crossing, shore approach pipeline, etc.) design, Shallow water pipeline system design, and Construction of pipeline system as discipline engineer with proven track record in FEED, Detailed Engineering, Transportation, Installation, Pre-commissioning and Commissioning
- Experiences in reviewing pipeline engineering activities e.g. wall thickness design, cathodic protection, on-bottom stability, end expansion, on-bottom roughness, allowable free span analysis, riser and tie-in spool design, global buckling and walking, riser VIV, riser clamp design, pipeline crossing, dropped object analysis, all relevant pipeline drawings etc.
- Experienced in high H2S and high CO2 gas contents and involved in material qualification for both carbon steel and cladded CRA e.g. Inconel.
- Experience in high temperature subsea pipeline design
- Effective computer skills in discipline-specific software e.g. MathCAD, AGA, SAGE Profiler, PIPESIM, AutoPIPE, Finite element software, StableLines etc.
- Familiar with pipeline calculation using spread sheets or other tools
- Have extensive knowledge and familiar with different pipeline design codes e.g. ASME B31.8, DNVGL RP F101, API 1111, API 1104, and other international codes and standards applicable for Pipeline system design e.g. DNVGL, ISO, NACE, etc.
- Experiences as Company Site Representative and/or field engineer during pipeline installation for major project are preferable
- Experiences in CFT development and Tendering execution of Offshore/Onshore gas plant/petrochemical/refinery industry are advantage
- Familiar with PTTEP and/or PETRONAS operating and control practices is a plus benefit
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Has Understanding in procurement process is preferable
- Good communication skills to liaise well with customer and government agencies
- Excellent in communication and presentation skills, coordination and organizing skills with ability to work with minimal supervision and liaise effectively and efficiently with other team members within / outside Department.
- Demonstrate high level of interpersonal skills and integrity
- Stakeholder Management skills - Proven ability to build strong working relationship with internal and external parties