Senior Piping Designer – Perth, WA
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Senior Piping Designer to work within their facilities located in Perth, WA on a 12-month initial contract.
About the Client:
Our client is a top-class EPCM consultancy with an enviable reputation for maintaining their high standards in their delivery of a broad scope of services within the Australian resources market.
They have built a very successful global business off the back of consistently delivering a very high standard of work across their projects.
The business has a culture based around connecting teams of talented, high-performance people to deliver major cutting-edge projects across their chosen markets.
Due to a period of expansion, our client is seeking to add a Senior Piping Designer to join their Perth based team working on expansion projects within their refinery located south of Perth. While this role will be based in Perth, there will be a requirement for visits to site (1-2 times per fortnight).
This role will assist with technical and practical design and drafting engineering deliverables across the Mechanical and Piping discipline. Ideally the client is looking for a seasoned designer with experience within the Mining and Minerals sector, as well as high level of proficiency in MicroStation and Openplant.
- Deliver mechanical and piping design and drafting services that meet the client, its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Perform mechanical and piping specific design and drafting services such as:
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes to scope comply with project change management processes;
- if required, participate in studies and analyses and recommend actions;
- prepare and oversee the production of engineering drawings and documentation;
- ensure all drawings and documents are checked in accordance with the companies checking procedures; and
- participate in project reviews as required.
- Provide technical support, supervision and advice to the mechanical/piping team and project teams, participate in peer reviews, and consult relevant resources as required.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between the company and the customers’ requirements.
- Identify issues and problems; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
What you will bring:
- Minimum 8-12 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience in mining, mineral processing or refining environment is essential.
- Experience in Alumina or wet processing highly regarded.
- Proven technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work.
- Ability to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of mechanical engineering specific software, specifically MicroStation and Openplant.
- Australian recognized Mechanical Design qualification.
Only candidates located within Australia, with full Australian working rights will be considered.
For further information please contact Patrick Chick via +61 8 6146 4363 or email@example.com