Senior Piping Engineer - Malaysia
Summary on Airswift:
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Senior Piping Engineer to work within their facilities located in Malaysia.
Brief summary on the location/client:
Our client is a national petroleum exploration and production company dedicating to provide a sustainable petroleum supply to various region.
Senior Piping Engineer specialized in piping design, platform layout and construction for 2-year contract.
- Responsible for all process/ non-process piping and pipe supports on Lang Lebah offshore facilities.
- Participate and fulfill the technical requirements of the piping part along with the tendering process from the project strategy, shortlist until RTA.
- Lead the engineering contractor team to complete the piping tasks during the basic engineering, designed basis and Request for Quotation (RFQ) of the long lead items for EPCI package.
- Oversee/Supervise the EPCI contractor to carry out the detailed engineering, equipment/ material specifications, procurement strategies, procurement packages, fabrication, load-out, sea-fastening, transportation, installation, hook-up and offshore commissioning.
- Prepare the procurement strategies and participate in the procurement processes to obtain the most appropriated vendors to provide their materials and services. His/Her work includes the bidder list reviews, equipment/material specifications, evaluations, service orders/contracts, recommendation, vendor’s inspection and test plans (ITP), logistic and delivery.
- Monitor and appraise the performance of the contractors. Initiate and implement the corrective actions when the performance of the contractor deviates from the project direction/requirements.
- Participate the hook-up and the commissioning work to comply with the specifications, procedures and codes/standards
- Report the progress of the work to line supervisor. Identify the problem areas and suggest the appropriated solutions/actions to line supervisor as necessary.
- Coach, motivate, and develop the junior professionals and share knowledge to team.
- Promote and ensure effective implementation of SSHE rules and engineering best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 12 years of experience in piping design, platform layout and piping construction
- Has strongly knowledge in the engineering/design, especially the piping material selection, piping components, pipe support, stress analysis, corrosion/erosion, welding, QA/QC, construction, PDMS and piping codes & standards
- Experienced in high H2S and high CO2 gas contents
- Good command of written and spoken English.