The company was founded in 2020, with the ambition to accelerate the decarbonization of industry using Green Hydrogen. The office is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, with its first plant under development in Boden, northern Sweden with a production capacity of 5 million tons of green steel produced annually. They are looking for an experienced Planning Manager to be based in Boden, Sweden to ensure the company Project complies with procedures, plan and forecast the project, and monitor and report on the progress of the project.
The company is working on multiple large 4- 5 billion projects that are getting international attention. Their clients include names like Mercedes, Miele, and Kingspan. Their employees get to learn every day, implement the latest technology, and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, they are building an impact company with sustainability at its core – for people, customers, investors, society, and the planet.
The Sr Planning Manager reports to the Director of Project Controls and is primarily responsible for ensuring
the Boden plant schedule is established and maintained, including the application of Planning functionality, forecast bi-weekly updates, and monitoring and reporting on the progress across various contractors, phases and overall.
The Company Project consists of:
· 760 MW H2 production facility consisting of several types of hydrogen production technologies
· 2.1MM MT DRI Production Facility
· 2.5MM MT Steelmaking and CSP Facility
· Various Cold Finishing Facilities
· Plant Power Distribution Grid
· Plant Infrastructure and Water System
- Fully conversant with the terms and can apply planning engineering practices contained in AACE and PMI standard practices. Understanding of project delivery phases and activities performed during project phase as detailed in the Planning Management procedures and guidelines.
- At least 15+ years of experience with strong supervisory experience working on major projects with EPCM contracting approach.
- Keep abreast of the ongoing work of the project to discern adverse trends, potential problem areas, opportunities and participate in their proactive management.
- Professional experience with planning software; and do analysis on schedule scenarios. Implement effective progress reporting in accordance with guideline.
- Skilled knowledge of value management techniques and proven ability to oversee major project planning development and reviews.
- Capable of developing and maintaining project schedules, and schedule management plans which identify all project interfaces.
- Ability to relocate to or commute in Boden or Luleå, Sweden.
- Supervision, planning department, planning, and forecasting in alignment of project objectives. Providing leadership in the selection, appraisal coaching, mentoring, training, and assistance in resolution of problems.
- Coordinates interface between Planning and stakeholders to develop, set up, monitor, and control the Master schedule, reporting and forecasts.
- Ensure the application of skills and methods to manage and control the Project Master Schedule and Progress Reporting.
- Interface with stakeholders, including engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning, to prepare written planning analysis and reports on timely and accurate forecast of project schedule status and progress monthly.
- Preparation and update of Project Controls sections of the PEP, including WBS, CBS, Risk management, contingency management, reporting, project reports, etc.
- Coordinates with Area Managers on Schedule and Risk Review meetings monthly. Interface with the Project Director and Area Managers to prepare monthly internal reports. Prepares and assisting the Project Director in the development and delivery of written/oral presentations to stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain a Quality Management System, control, and auditing.
- Superior organizational, analytical and leadership skills and ability to influence.
- Strong work ethic and willing to take on additional tasks and objectives that goes beyond Project Controls work-scope.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with all colleagues, both inside and outside the project team.
- Ability to work well as an integral part of a large project team that includes various high-priority stakeholders, engineering disciplines, construction management team, EPCMs and 3rd party suppliers.
- Proven methodology development skills, curriculum development and review skills, as well as presentation and facilitation skills.
What we can offer you:
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, the company offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that the company and success is dependent on our people, and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team
The next steps
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance then please contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Fabrício Zettel, email@example.com