Senior To Principal Electrical Engineer – Perth, WA
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking an Electrical Engineer from Senior to Principal level to work within their facilities located in Perth, WA on a 12-month initial contract.
About the Client:
Our client is a top-class EPCM consultancy with an enviable reputation for maintaining their high standards in their delivery of a broad scope of services within the Australian resources market.
They have built a very successful global business off the back of consistently delivering a very high standard of work across their projects.
The business has a culture based around connecting teams of talented, high-performance people to deliver major cutting-edge projects across their chosen markets.
Due to a period of expansion, our client is seeking to add a suitably experienced Electrical Engineer from Senior to Principal level to join their Perth based team working on a major Brownfield upgrade project for their client’s refinery located south of Perth.
This role will manage and technically support a team of high performing Engineers and Designers in delivering technically verified electrical engineering project design deliverables on time and within budget.
- Deliver discipline specific engineering services that meet our clients, their customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Undertake engineering design and technical verification of electrical project deliverables by others.
- Perform and/or manage electrical specific engineering services such as:
- Ensure project scope is clearly defined and that changes to scope comply with project change management processes.
- Prepare and/or assist in the production of engineering calculations, drawings and documentation.
- Ensure all deliverables are checked in accordance with clients checking procedures.
- Attend site visits.
- Participate in project reviews, HAZIDs/HAZOPs and safety in design workshops as required.
- Establish and maintain relationships with all internal and external stakeholders and ensure effective and regular communication.
- Assist in scoping engineering requirements, methodologies and estimating engineering budget for proposals in response to requests for quotations from clients.
- Identify issues and problems; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Actively contribute to the development and improvement of our clients' design systems, processes, practices, and procedures.
- Minimum 10 years technical and practical experience in the Refinery/Mining Industry including experience leading projects.
- Self-motivated with ability to proactively manage one’s own work loads, time commitments and budgets.
- Extensive experience in Brownfield electrical systems modification detailed design and knowledge of instrumentation and control system interfaces (Essential).
- Experience across all phases of engineering projects.
- Excellent understanding and proven experience in consideration of Safe and Sustainable Design.
- Hazardous Area Accreditation and/or Functional Safety TUV Certification (beneficial).
- Electrical Engineering Degree recognized by Engineers Australia.
For further information please contact Patrick Chick via +61 8 6146 4363 or email@example.com