The Senior Production Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Production Technical Advisor role and coordinate with the asset’s Production Engineers the implementation of opportunities to increase production and maximize value. They will provide insight for production optimisation opportunities across reservoirs, wells and gathering systems, liaise with internal and external teams/vendors and third parties to progress opportunities accordingly. As part of the Production Engineering function, the position will have the opportunity to work within an asset and perform the key duties of the asset’s Production Engineer.
- Identification, justification and execution of opportunities to improve production through well intervention, modifications to the process and water injection systems and reduction of production losses.
- Maximisation of economic production through Integrated Production Modelling
- Manage studies carried out by 3rd party contractors and vendors
- Provide technical support to Production Engineers in the IOC’s
- Maintain a firm understanding of the threat Cyber Attacks pose in both regular IT (Information Technology) and OT (Operational Technology / industrial automation) environments and the potential consequences of such attacks
- Maintain Production Optimisation Portal and ensures the modules are fit for purpose and are used accordingly
- Build, match and maintain Integrated production Models and Well models in collaboration with the asset’s Production Engineer.
- Continuously review fields and well performance and identify opportunities.
- Develop and maintain an artificial lift strategy, and a process for optimising the artificial lift systems adopted.
- Identify, justify and promote opportunities to improve production and/or reduce costs by optimisation of artificial lift systems, sweep pattern alterations, well interventions or other means
- Provide absence cover to Production Engineers
- Support IOC on flow assurance issues.
- Develop and maintain a full-life well management strategy for all wells
- Develop data acquisition programmes to monitor reservoir performance to verify reservoir management strategy and to provide information to help identify business opportunities and reduce risk
- Support Production Optimization Engineer in UPL reduction strategy.
- Ensure acquired surveillance data and reports from vendors are properly stored and accessible.
- Work with Wells Engineering group on aspects of new well design such as selection of completion interval, tubing design, ESP/gas lift design, data acquisition programme etc
- Support IOC implementing options to improve process performance, reduce flaring and improve water injection efficiency
- Develop and maintain a strategy and procedures for optimising the performance of the process plant and water injection system in conjunction to the IOC Production Engineer.
- Identify, justify and promote opportunities to improve production and/or reduce costs by optimisation of the process plant and water injection system
Data Management and Administration
- Ensure forecasts are consistent with corporate Life of Field forecasts and reserve estimates.
- The key internal interfaces in the role are IOC PE’s and the functional groups in Subsurface & Wells, HSE & Technical Services. The key external interfaces in the role are 3rd party contractors and vendors, partners and regulatory authorities
Education Attainment & Accreditation
- Engineering or Geoscience degree
- Experience in Integrated Production Modelling.
Professional Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience in production/petroleum/reservoir engineering with Oil & Gas operating companies
- UKCS experience
Interpersonal Skills & Qualities
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams involved in field development, including operational aspects
- A self-starter, able to take one’s own initiative to identify and lead business improvements as required
- Embraces change and continual improvement
- Resilient team player embraces change and continual improvement
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a good facilitator
- Ability to communicate business, technical and commercial concepts to many levels in Oil & Gas organisations