Senior Project Engineer – Perth, WA
Our client is seeking a Senior Project Engineer to work within their facilities in Perth, WA on a 6-month initial contract.
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer to join our client’s team and work on a major renewables project in Perth, Western Australia. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordination of construction contracts in development and execution for the Project and is the key point of contact for project status, detailed scope, objectives, stage deliverables and requirements, key concerns from site, project risks and priorities.
- HSE Management
- Actively support the clients One-Way program and ensure there is a HSE focus within the team to ensure OHSE requirements including those documents required in design and procurement activities.
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world's best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Assist in developing, communicating, implementing and regularly review systems, strategies, standards and processes (including environmental plans or health management programs) .
- Client Relationships
- Establish, maintain and build healthy client relationships.
- Proactively resolve performance, scope and schedule issues with the Client as they arise.
- Identify, document, communicate and meet the client's requirements.
- Commercial Management
- Effectively manage assigned budgets within clients total scope.
- Scope Management
- Ensure compliance with WPMP procedures.
- Ensure compliance with requirements of the contract.
- Apply effective change control process.
- Time Management
- Contribute to the development of overall project schedule.
- Supervise work in accordance with the approved schedule
- Cost Control
- Monitor cost aspects of the project within direct control and forecast final costs, identify trends and take action to avoid cost overruns.
- Quality Management
- Contribute to compliance with clients policies and procedures.
- Utilise, as appropriate, strong working knowledge of clients engineering and procurement systems and procedures.
- Team Management
- Focus the relevant team members on achievement of milestones and other key project objectives.
- Listens to the team, discusses the issues, resolves problems and directs activities to remove roadblocks and achieve objectives.
- Communications Management
- Regularly provide clear reports to project management.
- Effective communication with the design team and third parties.
- Accurate, timely and effective reporting to the Project Manager.
- Risk Management
- Monitor the closure of all identified risks and opportunities.
- Visibly support risk identification and mitigation throughout the project.
- Design Management
- Set clear objectives to the design team, including achieving productivity and budget targets.
- Ensure the design team aware of, and complies with, client's Basis of Design and apply regulations and codes.
- Manages inter-discipline interfaces effectively.
- Procurement/Subcontracts Management
- Assess procurement processes throughout the project to ensure goods meet specification, are delivered on time and are within budget.
- Substantial technical, practical and leadership experience in Mechanical Engineering and proven experience in project engineering, with associated commercial and contractual experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a “Can Do” attitude.
- Pro-active with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Able to work effectively in a small multi-disciplinary team located on site.
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet the client and its customer’s needs.
- A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree recognized by Engineers Australia
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status – Preferred
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients.
With over 800 employees and 7,000 contractors operating in over 70 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Only candidates located within Australia, with full Australian working rights will be considered.
For further information please contact Viktor Balasko via +61 8 6146 4351 or email@example.com
AS Job Number: 1191534