Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oil & Gas - Offshore Oil
Engineering & Design
September 14, 2023
Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Senior Project Engineer to join them in Aberdeen, UK on a 1-year contract that can be extended.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Project Engineer to join their client's Aberdeen project team on a 12-month initial contract basis. This is an exciting opportunity to support our oil & gas operator client on a topside modifications project.
You will join the Project Management Function which leads the successful delivery of our projects from concept, FEED, and detailed design services for both onshore and offshore Oil & Gas facilities. The Project Management Function provides Project Directors, Project Managers, Project & Interface Engineers, and Package Managers ensuring that stakeholder objectives are met. Projects undertaken can be on a variety of contract basis, lump sum, reimbursable, or risk and reward. Project size and complexity can vary significantly.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
• Provide Input to the establishment of the project execution plan. To include a definition of project objectives and strategies, work scope, risk management, overall work plan and schedule, commercial plan, quality and safety requirements, etc. This will be consistent with the terms of the respective contract and the client's project execution plan mandatory contents.
• The administering of the contract agreements between the client and its subcontractors whereby the client's interests are protected, and costs are managed.
• Maintaining close contact with respective Clients throughout the project to ensure satisfactory reactions to clients’ needs or criticisms.
• The monitoring and control of project performance against budget, schedule, and quality and safety requirements using appropriate control tools and reporting of same to the client's Management.
• The identification of changes in the scope of work and ensuring that appropriate change requests are current and adequate.
• Managing multi-discipline engineering teams in the delivery of scopes through regular progress meetings and by facilitation where multi-discipline issues require discussion and resolution.
• The promotion of quality and safety on the project.
• The issuing of directions for job close-out and the securing of the final project acceptance and contract release from the client.
• Commitment to and promotion of the client's values and ensuring the realization of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies, and procedures.
• Degree or Equivalent in appropriate engineering subject OR HND/HNC and preferably membership of the appropriate institute.
• Experienced in either Electrical or Instrument engineering discipline.
• Experienced in project engineering of multi-discipline engineering design teams.
• Experience in coordinating and interfacing with the construction team and sub-contractors.
• Experience in coordinating and controlling team delivery by agreed cost, schedule, and change without compromising HSSEQ standards.
• Experienced in developing and maintaining good relationships with clients and subcontractors.