Our client seeks a Senior Structural Designer for an initial 12 month role Perth based.
Working on a project for a Tier 1 mining client, we are looking for talented individuals to bring their structural design experience gained either in the iron ore industry or other related industries, to help deliver and execute a long life and highly complex iron ore mine of the future.
- Reporting to the lead structural designer, you will part of talented team of structural engineers and designers to deliver of all structural related elements relating to material handling facilities including brownfield tie in scopes to existing Coarse Ore stockpile as well as general conveyor support structures.
- Support the development of 3D models
- Producing 2D drawings using MicroStation from 3D models.
- Support the coordination of workshare between various offices
- Cross disciplinary coordination to ensure successful delivery of Customer’s requirement
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between its Customer's requirements.
- Support effective communication with the structural engineering team and project stakeholders, including the customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- Awarded a 2 or 3 year technical diploma with discipline specific training or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 8 years plus experience in structural design in the mining, energy and/or infrastructure sector
- Prior experience of working within medium to large projects within multidiscipline environment is essential
- Experience in Resource Sector is preferred but not essential
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be highly driven with a focus on delivery and service
Technical and Industry Experience
- Worked in a project with a 3D modelling workflow
- Extensive experience in Microstation is required.
- Sound knowledge of a 3D package such as Prosteel or similar software is required
- Prior experience in detailing of concrete works is favourable
- Prior experience in E3d or PDMS is advantageous but no essential.
- Worked with team with diverse background
Please note: Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered