Be part of the Resource portfolio team that is supporting Albemarle’s effort to improve operational efficiencies and debottle their new Lithium production plant at Kemerton. Project management & engineering
- Detailed engineering & drafting
- Project services including project controls
- Field engineering and commissioning
- Reporting to the lead structural engineer, you will be supporting the delivery of technical engineering deliverables that meet, its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Responsible for design and documentation of steel and concrete structures
- Attending site visits and perform inspections as required
- Support vendor management.
- Perform supporting tasks such as:
1. Participate in relevant meetings and workshops such as HAZID, Design Review and Constructability review meetings
2. Prepare progress reports and input to project schedule
3. Identify Project changes and Prepare change reports as per project change management processes;
4. Gather data from multiple sources and prepare engineering studies, analyses, calculations, etc.
5. Support technical development of solutions, recommendations and creates final documentation for project deliverables.
6. Assist in coordinating multidisciplinary scopes.
7. Presenting designs and running design review meetings within the team as well as with the client.
8. Preparing material requisitions and Scope of Works
9. Participate in bid clarifications, conducts bid evaluations, completes inter-discipline vendor information review and approval, and finalizes other certification activities.
- Supervise structural drafting to deliver project requirements autonomously
- Where opportunities arise, support the lead structural engineer on specific projects where the responsibility include
1. Scope management
2. Promotion of workshare between various offices
3. Cross disciplinary coordination to ensure successful delivery of Customer’s requirement
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies to Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in structural engineering.
- Support effective communication with the structural engineering team and project stakeholders, including the customer.
What you will bring
- Bachelor of Structural/Civil Engineering degree
- 15 years plus experience in structural engineering design in brownfield
- Familiar with using Australian design codes.
- Ability to undertake regular travel to site
- Keen attitude to learn new design tools as well modes project delivery
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to support the technical growth of less experienced engineer
- Previous experienced with performing site inspections will be advantageous
- Be highly driven with a focus on delivery and service
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements
- Competent in Spacegass and common steel connection design software
- Agile with working in multiple platforms and environment including the use of 365 suite and various other collaboration tools
- Worked in team with diverse background