Wilmington, Delaware, United States
IT - Software Engineering
IT & Telecoms
July 18, 2023
Airswift is seeking a Golang Systems Software Engineer
for a fully remote, full-time permanent position with an international software development and IT outsourcing company. This position requires working with a multinational team, collaborating on software development projects.
About the project
Developer of a container lifecycle management platform intended to help application developers create, build, deploy and run their own cloud-native applications with less friction, complexity, and waste. The company's platform evaluates containers using combinations of run-time, static container analysis and removes unnecessary files, executables, and packages by observing container run-time behavior, enabling clients to quickly build applications that power every business.
- Back-end development to meet customer’s business needs and implement components according to modern software development environment (cloud-based platforms, microservice architecture, etc.);
- Taking part in the decision-making process in design application architecture, solution development, architecture and code review;
- Develop and review feature design documents and provide inputs/update to specifications for the solution;
- Design and implement a set of various types of tests (unit, integration, functional, etc);
- Proactive position in solution development, processes improvements;
- Working in an international distributed team in an Agile environment;
- Communicate with PMs, engineers, Architects, QA and other colleagues and stakeholders;
- Delivering the product roadmap and plannings;
- To use high coding standards, software best practices and write highly testable, automatable and performant code over the whole SDLC.
- Experience in software development for more than 6 years
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Golang (at least 4 years)
- Excellent knowledge in Computer Science, Computing Theory:
- Paradigm & Principles (OOP, SOLID)
- Database theory (RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Code testing practices
- Algorithms & data structures
- Architectural, Enterprise and Design Patterns
- Knowledge of Linux and container runtime internals
- Deep knowledge of how Docker containers run
- Understanding of network interaction protocols
- Practical commercial experience with:
- Key-value storages
- Messaging systems
- Version control systems
- Continuous Integration tools
- Fluent or Upper-Intermediate English
- Perform a broad range of complex technical or professional activities, in a variety of contexts. Investigate, define, and resolve complex issues.
- Able to work in distributed cross-functional teams effectively.
- Influence customers and team members on the project level.
- May supervise others or make decisions which impact the work assigned to individuals or phases of projects.
- Plan, schedule, and monitor own work (and of others where applicable) competently.
- Have learning agility (readiness for challenge and being open to change)
- A background with the kernel interfaces like LSM, eBPF, seccomp or ptrace
- Any background with the Linux namespaces and control groups
- Any background with the container engine and runtime internals (runc, containered, OCI, etc)
- Any kind of CRI and container runtimes background in Kubernetes
- Debugger internals
- Understanding of orchestration and containerization (e.g. Kubernetes, Swarm)
- Knowledge in Deployment patterns
What's in it for you?
- Close cooperation with the client
- A constant flow of new projects
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Ability to influence project technologies
- Projects from scratch;
- Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills
- European management style
- Continuous self-improvement