We are currently recruiting a Service Engineer (Electrical) for a globally renowned manufacturer of heavy industrial machinery and diesel locomotives.
You will be responsible for providing technical support to continually improve availability and reliability of locomotives including fault-finding, modifications, troubleshooting and regular maintenance activities.
Location- Nebo, QLD – Work vehicle provided (Drive-in, Drive-out DIDO)
Duration- Permanent – Full-time
Hours- 4 day working week. Mon-Thurs or Tues-Fri
- Daily review of locomotive fleet performance
- Interface with the customer as well as design/product engineering teams for maintenance and technical support
- Maintenance technical inspection against assessed scope, fault finding and troubleshooting
- Manage failure investigations and customer feedback of findings
- Develop, review and improve technical maintenance plans and other supporting documentation
- Perform RCA of defects following release to service
- Raise equipment non-conformance reports and provide assessments
- Review Condition Monitoring data for faults/ conditions requiring intervention.
- Technical approval of all commissioning and testing related documentation
- Electrical trade background or equivalent
- Considerable experience in a similar role, ideally with rolling stock / locomotives
- Knowledge of Reliability engineering principles such as Reliability Centred Maintenance, Asset management, Continuous Improvement, Corrective Maintenance, Root Cause Analysis
- Deep understanding of locomotive / rolling stock maintenance or maintenance within a similar heavy industry such as mining, aviation
- Experience with PC based fault-diagnostic tools
Please contact email@example.com for more information