Oil & Gas - LNG
Health, Safety & Environmental
August 23, 2023
Airswift are a Global Manpower Provider specialising in the Energy, Infrastructure & IT sectors. Present in more than 70 countries around the world, our reach, and capabilities in the markets we service is unparalleled in the industry.
We are working with a Major Oil & Gas operator to source a SHES Lead - Audits. This is a long-term contract role working on a residential basis. Please see details below.
Title: SHES Lead - Audits
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 36 months (renewable)
Working Schedule: 6 days per week / 10 hours per day
• Provide SHES direction, guidance and leadership to NFS Onshore EPC PMT and CONTRACTOR(s) for fieldwork within the assigned area.
• Perform oversight of CONTRACTOR(s) and effectively manage a team of SHES Specialists to ensure compliance with all Project & RLIC SHES requirements, and communicate and verify the effective resolution of SHES compliance issues.
• Take the lead in the site implementation and verification of the NFS Onshore EPC SHES Plans & Procedures through clear planning, formal communication and interface between all involved parties.
• Support the NFS Onshore EPC CONTRACTOR(s) in the preparation for site mobilization and to provide expert Safety, Health, Environment and Security (SHES) advice and guidance to all PMT and CONTRACTOR Project Area Division Managers, and disciplines during all phases of the Project, to achieve the client Mission to protect its people, assets and environment.
• Manage the relevant elements of the Project SHES Management system, its procedures and programs and ensures the effective and efficient implementation of risk control and mitigation measures at site in accordance with the requirements stipulated in the Contract Exhibit 5, Appendix III, SHES Instructions Part 1 to 5.
Key Job Accountabilities
• Supports the NFS Onshore project in all SHES related disciplines and scope of work but with specific focus on performance monitoring, SHES compliance, and continual improvement. Shall be flexible and collaborative. Supports the SHE Systems Head as the key focal point for the overall project SHES management system.
• Provides oversight of EPC CONTRACTORS and SUBCONTRACTORS SHES related procedures and conducts periodic compliance, procedure and system audits to ensure compliance with relevant project and RLIC procedures and requirements. Leads SHES audits relevant to the project SHES performance Excellence Keystone programs and participates in PMT and CONTRACTOR SHES assurance activities as required.
• Monitor site SHES programs and safe work practices, and review and evaluate data, information and systems as required, related to findings from audits. Coordinates with SHES Systems Head in terms of systematic improvement opportunities and updates required for the overall SHES Management Systems.
• Develops, implements, and maintains audit related documentation, and reviews relevant CONTRACTOR’s and SUBCONTRACTOR’s documentation, as required. Maintains an overall Project audit action tracking register with support of relevant EPC package PMTs and identifies concerning trends and lessons learned.
• Champion on-site safety performance awareness with CONTRACTORS and among PMT. Attends Toolbox Talks and Task Instructions where required, provides coaching and leadership to CONTRACTORS and its SUBCONTRACTORS to ensure SHES procedures and systems are fully understood by all.
• Provides coaching and mentorship for the PMT SHES personnel to participate in audits and to ensure the timely completion of all audit deliverables, such as audit reports, and to drive the timely close out of corrective actions.
• Supports the establishment and maintenance of strong safety cultures in line with the client and Project vision, mission, and values. Support and promote the project Observation & Intervention program and the Incident and Injury Free (IIF) program.
• Liaise with internal/external groups as and when required in coordination with SHES Systems Head Shared Resources, e.g. client Major Projects, CONTRACTORS, SUBCONTRACTORS, RLC, etc.
• Participates in safety meetings as needed, and participates in site safety reviews, walkthroughs, audits, pre-start up safety reviews, SHES assessments.
• Oversees the EPC Package PMT audit process, participates in audits lead by EPC Package PMT personnel and CONTRACTORS, helps develop relevant corrective actions and oversees the timely follow-up, implementation, and closeout of corrective actions thereof. Monitors and expedites action items captured in the project Action Tracking Register related to SHES audits.
• HSE related NVQ Level 5, NEBOSH National/International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, or higher (BSc, PgCert, PgDip, MSc).
• OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 Lead Auditor.
• TapRoot® Training
Knowledge and Key Skills
• Minimum of ten (10) years relevant industry HSE experience.
• International project experience with Tier-1 EPC Contractors or Client, involved in the construction of onshore production facilities (i.e. greenfield and brownfield work).
• Sound knowledge of the project execution process in large-scale project environments (expenditure >US$ 1 Bn).
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV with contact details.