Our client is seeking an Shift Chemist to work within their facilities located in Singapore.
- Responsible for testing raw materials, process control and finish products to ensure they are conform to test methods, specification and correct inspection plan all applicable lows & comply Quality Management system.
- The individual’s responsibilities towards EHSS (Environment Health Safety and Security) standard include his/her own work, as well as enforcing the rules and procedures in all of the work done in the company.
- Operate analytical equipment such as GC, GCMS, HPLC, FTIR spectrophotometer for analysis of process line sample and final blend samples as per test plan for quality check.
- Ensure accurate data generation and entry of records into LIMS. Verify incoming raw material quality according the established operation procedures and safety risk assessment.
- In-depth knowledge of lab procedures and able to perform accurate chemical analysis with minimal supervision.
- Be a resource to shift operation and support team to prioritize testing/work to provide fast response to production and accurate product quality status.
- Support operation team for batch adjustment during production process stage.
- Monitor product parameters to ensure process condition and specification compliance during routine QA release for the FG.
- Develop standard operating procedures comply to ISO9001:2015. Participate in timely Safety Risk Assessment review of lab operations.
- Perform periodic equipment calibration to ensure equipment is producing accurate test results & all time ready.
- Ensure lab measurement system is accordance to the operation guideline. e.g. Gauge Repeatability Reproducibility (GRR), Control charting, verification method.
- Ensure safe-keeping and tracking movement of laboratory inventories i.e. chemicals, reagents, solvents, apparatus, consumables, disposables, spare parts of equipment’s etc.
- Worked closely with other functions (i.e. production team, warehouse dept) to ensure quality standards are met.
- Knowledge of various operations and analytical techniques to interpret material characterization by using analytical instruments.
- Conduct and support laboratory root cause(s) investigation on laboratory equipment failure and result abnormalities.
- Take initiative to conduct preparation and laboratory analysis on unusual test results to determine the cause of the non-conformance and correct.
- Able to use statistical calculation to interpreter data by using statistical tools.
- Min. Diploma or Bachelor degree in Chemistry, Chemical Process Technology, Bioscience or equivalent.
- 3 years’ relevant work experience, preferably with chemical wet laboratory operation experience
- Experience and knowledge of analytical and wet lab equipment maintenance/operation and result analysis.
- Experience and knowledge of Quality standards & test methods
- Operation of analytical & Chromatographic equipment’s and Material characterization by understanding product specification & process control.
- Plastic colour matching & controlling experience is added advantage.
- Able to understand operation lab software’s like LIMS, XLS sheet.
- Relevant experience in manufacturing environment working with standard production control tools - LIMS, SAP system will be an added advantage.
- Experience in SAP QM for update QA test data and release.
- Able to perform rotating shift work.