Location: Skellefteå, Sweden
Contract duration: 12 months – renewable
Schedule: Rotation – 3 weeks on, 1 week off
Employment type: PAYE – no freelance
Project Name: Northvolt
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Our company leads the successful delivery from concept to detailed design and construction on the Northvolt Upstream 2 Battery Factory Project. You will join our Site Engineering Team located in Skellefteå, Northeast Sweden. The Site Civil Structural and Architectural Engineer provides Engineering and Project Engineering support for the Northvolt, ensuring that all project stakeholder objectives are met.
- Deliver Civil, Structural and Architectural (CSA) engineering services as Site Engineer that meet our customer’s needs and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Initiate, manage and if required supervise CSA engineering project requirements and activities at Site Engineering.
- Perform CSA engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
- ensure the project scope is met and that changes comply with project change management processes such as Site Queries, Site Instructions;
- provide required assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities.
- independently interact with our Home Office (HO) engineering, Contractors, Customer.
- Act as the CSA engineering responsible on Site in collaboration with HO Engineering.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between us, Contractor and Customer requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in HO CSA engineering.
- Communicate effectively with the HO CSA engineering Lead Engineer and team and other project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- Commitment to and promotion of our company and Project values and ensuring the realisation of health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures within Project.
What you will bring[MC1]
Technical and Industry Experience
- Effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work for the Project.
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the CSA engineering:
- Concrete and foundation design including floors and slab design
- Structural steel design
- Knowledge on structural / platform steel and safety on equipment and machinery
- Basic knowledge of other engineering fields such as U/G Drainage Piping
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements, such as Eurocodes, PBL, AMA.
- Competent use of relevant engineering specific software as Navisworks (for viewing), Autocad 2020 (for drawing modifications etc.)
- Competent use of relevant office software such as MS Office Suite.
- Experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and engineering teams.
- Self-initiative approach is a must.
- Ideally eligible to work in Sweden although not essential.
- Experienced in developing and maintaining good relationships with clients and construction contractors.
Education, Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A recognised and relevant CSA engineering degree
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status (if applicable).
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering, management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.
What the Project will support you with
- Our Engineering Team support both at HO Engineering and Site Engineering.
- Highly skilled professionals at Site Office in different functions such as Project Engineering, Construction, Procurement, HSE, Contracts.
- Open and transparent atmosphere within our Site and Project Teams.
- We support network of different functions.