WTG Procurement Engineer
Summary on Airswift:
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
On behalf of our client, a leading developer of Major Offshore projects, Airswift are currently recruiting for a Sourcing & Procurement specialist to support activities across their Offshore Wind portfolio.
In the role you would be required to manage the procurement process across packages such as WTG, Subsea Cable and Offshore Substations. There will be a focus on the WTG package and it is expected for you to play a key part in the WTG supplier strategy. The mission will be based at the clients offices in Paris, initially the total duration of the mission will be 12 months however there is likely to be an extension.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities will include: - Manage end-to-end RFP process for packages such as WTG, electrical cables and OSS - Engage with suppliers at all levels for operational/strategic meetings - Handle directly or support the project teams for commercial negotiations Ideal candidates will have expertise and experience within the Offshore Wind market, especially within the WTG package.
Procurement Process :
- Establish and/or contribute to the definition of OFW Project contractual strategies
- Manage end-to-end RFP process in Project mode (for WTG, electrical cables and Offshore Substations packages)
- Handle directly or support the project teams for contract negotiations
- Handle directly or support the project teams for commercial negotiations with suppliers at all-levels
- Participate in the dynamic management of the Offshore Wind Farm Category Strategy (especially Wind Turbine Generator)
- Engage with suppliers at all levels for operational or strategic meetings
- Challenge internal stakeholders on technical, commercial, contractual practices
- Perform market analysis, follow supplier panel, main equipment, and services cost structures
- Strong expertise in Offshore Wind industry (especially with Wind Turbine Generator packages), in purchasing or technical role
- Fluent in English and French
- Expertise in negotiation and contract management for large scale Offshore Wind projects