Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry.
Airswift has been tasked by one of its major clients to look for a Senior Process Controls and Instrumentation Engineer to work a long-term contract in Allentown Pennsylvania, or our offices in Buffalo, NY or Houston, TX.
- Develop process controls execution strategies in conjunction with overall project development team (both locally and with remote engineering centers)
- Participation in P&ID development and Operability and Hazard Reviews
- Author, check or approve specifications of process control equipment including control valves, relief valves, flow measurement devices, process instrumentation, analytical systems, and DCS, PLC, and SCADA systems
- Identify and manage process controls technical risk items
- Manage a detailed design controls team (instruments and control systems), which can include a local in-house design team, remote in-house design team, or an outside engineering EPC or design firm.
- Review SIL assessments and author SIL verifications
- Participate in Control System Design reviews
- Responsible for Cyber Security aspects of their scope of supply.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing of Process Automation equipment (DCS, Analyzers, PDC)
- Production and maintenance of instrument summaries
- Participate in plant commissioning, validations, and startups.
- Manage deliverables and report to project management about progress.
- May participate in preparing cost estimates for valves, instrumentation, analytical equipment, DCS equipment, SIS equipment and labor
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering with at least 15 years of applicable work experience
- Able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the design and implementation of control and instrumentation systems for process plants
- Experience developing BPCS / SIS architectures, control applications, and hardware specifications using Siemens PCS7.
- Additional experience with other controls platforms is a plus
- Must be able to demonstrate technical competence, leadership skills, communicate effectively
- Instrumentation specification authoring in Smart-Plant Instrumentation toolset
- Must be able to lead and direct the work of junior engineers assigned to projects
- Must be a strong team player with a willingness to accept responsibility
- Have good problem-solving abilities, be ambitious, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills enabling you to work well within a multi-disciplinary design team located in multiple geographies and to liaise directly with suppliers and clients
- Travel is required, both domestic and international