Sr Materials & Corrosion EngineerAirswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry.
Airswift is seeking for a Sr Materials & Corrosion Engineer to work in Qatar with a major Oil & Gas Company.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical/Metallurgical Engineering from a recognized University, higher degree would be advantageous.
- Membership of a recognized professional engineering association (or institution) is preferable.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant experience in materials and corrosion engineering in Upstream and downstream Oil & Gas Company or Consultation/Contractor.
- Work experience shall cover project FEED design stage and detailed Engineering in EPIC phase comprising Material selection, identification/evaluation of damage mechanisms in refinery units, corrosion control strategies and implementing corrosion monitoring techniques.
- Knowledgeable and skillful materials specialist experience in selection of Carbon steel, low alloy steels, Corrosion resistant alloys (CRAs), Non-ferrous metals & alloys and Non-Metallic materials including various types & grades of plastics, elastomers and ceramics based on given fluid service.
- Experience in resolving Metallurgical failures, corrosion problems associated with wastewater treatment and specially for highly sour service facility (e.g., generalized corrosion, localized corrosion, stress corrosion, blistering and sulphide corrosion, pitting corrosion, erosion corrosion, microbial corrosion etc.) for tubing, pipelines, valves, piping, vessels, storage tanks & exchangers and in rotating equipment.
- Recognize the different types of corrosive environments that effect corrosion and identify the various form of corrosion and the specific mechanisms that result in each form.
- Specifications of corrosion control by selection of design and engineering materials, modifications of environment, cathodic and anodic protection, and protective coatings.
- Cathodic Protection (CP) system selection, CP site survey, CP design, CP installation, inspection, and commissioning.
- Experienced in assessment and qualification of specialist materials suppliers in the Oil & Gas industry for a highly sour field equipment.
- Familiar with Welding/NDT techniques (UT, PT, RT, and MT), welding specifications of carbon steels, low alloy steels and CRAs
- Demonstrated Experience with international design codes, standard and Company standards and procedure and corrosion rates prediction/design software packages.
- Experiences in coordinating with expert Contractor/Vendor representatives during contractor selection, drawings review and start-up phases.
- Strong technical, planning, communication2, presentation, and reporting skills.
- Experience in working on multiple projects and providing technical support to assets (site) operations for technical issue resolution.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Select materials, corrosion allowances, corrosion strategies based on corrosion rates and design life for equipment and piping under various corrosive environments in oil refineries.
- Responsible for identifying, locating, and controlling corrosion in Refinery environments.
- Select the applicable engineering standard, process and/or criterion as appropriate, ensuring activities comply with applicable codes and standards. Manage activities to adhere to project schedule.
- Assess process and stream composition, evaluate damage mechanism, formulate corrosion loops, participate in risk- based inspection.
- Review and approve Cathodic protection design, specifications, installations drawings.
- Provide Cathodic Protection expertise in the Corrosion section. Reviews proposals and specifications to ensure that adequate Cathodic protection system are built into new/existing plant and facilities.
- Develop and transfer knowledge about the use of protective coatings, linings, CP, Corrosion inhibitors and other corrosion controls and best practices.
- Provides engineering support to Assets on Metallurgical and Corrosion Failures, Materials Selection, Cathodic Protection, produce written reports. Technical evaluation reports include review of engineering documents, drawings, data analysis of specific tests, site findings, and recommendations on specific action to be undertaken.
- Handle multiple projects and provide engineering support to Asset (site) operations for technical issue resolutions and recommendations.
- Develop and follow latest technologies in corrosion control and adapt it in Refinery Units.
If you are interested to know more or to apply, you may apply through Airswift website or share your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org