We are working with a Major Oil & Gas operator to source for Sr. Architectural Engineer specialising in Urban Planning and Medical Facilities. This is a long-term contract role working on a residential basis 5-days per week / 8-9 hours per day. Please see details below;
Title: Sr. Architectural Engineer
Start Date: Negotiable (typically within 1 month notice)
Duration: 12 months (potential for extension)
Location: Onshore (Office base)
Working Schedule: 5-days per week / 8-9 hours per day
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- As discipline engineer responsible for provision of the required quality technical services.
- Carry-out Concept definition and engineering studies, design, scopes and preparation of engineering documents as per approved standards / procedures.
- Verify and sign-off technical designs and bids in accordance with approved standards.
- Deliver timely service to meet the project requirements.
- Advice and support in the discipline engineering matters in the area of expertise through all stages of projects.
- Plan and co-ordinate activities of a team of engineers for providing technical services to project executing departments, including review of execution strategies.
- Support discipline head/lead to manage QP discipline standards. Participate in technical assurance and standardization activities to ensure compliance to approved discipline standards.
- Approve / endorse technical deviations / waivers/ variations to approved guidelines, codes, standards and practices.
- Support to ensure that all applicable environmental and process and other safety technical policies are fully implemented.
- Support development of competencies and skills in his area including structured training for Qatari Engineers under development.
- 12 years relevant post graduate experience specialising in urban planning and has experience with medical facilities.
- Skill / knowledge of International standards related to his area of expertise.
- Experience of managing time, cost and quality in engineering projects within multiple project environment.
- Good Communications and Presentation skills and be fluent in English.