Airswift is working with one of our biggest clients in the industrial manufacturing space again!
This company produces industrial equipment for the process fluid and gas industries, and their products serve the worldwide hydrocarbon and chemical processing, pulp and paper, power generation, and the food and beverage markets.
They are currently looking for a new Senior Electrical Engineer for their growing EI&C Engineering team. The EI&C Engineer will be responsible for all electrical and instrumentation on their pump and compressor production orders. The role's biggest responsibility is developing control packages accordingly to the client's and project's specifications.
- Study project and customer specification documents and develop control package accordingly.
- Maintain product safety in all designs.
- Performs system specification, design, architecture, and development for Control Systems (Siemens and Rockwell PLC based) and machinery monitoring systems such as Bently Nevada
- Knowlagent of Networking and HMI
- Develop procedures, manuals, and other documentation for projects or internal use
- Able to read and interpret electrical and mechanical blueprints and diagrams, flow charts, cause/effect diagrams, and piping and instrument diagrams (P&ID’s)
- Duties will include generation of PLC Code, Bill of Materials, One-Line Drawings, Wire Lists, Schematics, Control narrative, Cause and Effect matrix and all associated controls documentation.
- Prepare Factory Acceptance Test procedure and completing the test at our facility. Repeat for customer witness.
- Perform basic design and troubleshooting of communications networks and wiring for Ethernet, Modbus and fieldbus
- Specification of process valves and instrumentation associated with performance and anti-surge controllers
- Follow local and international regulatory codes
- Prepares and reviews skid electrical installation and needed BOM
- Effectively plan, schedule, manage and report on multiple projects with various deadlines and responsibility levels
- Some travel, including international, required for field support and customer meetings
- Understand all aspects of automation including PLC, DCS, SCADA/HMI, SIS, Electrical Design, Instrumentation Design and Industrial IT.
- Familiar with configuration of various automation systems. Ability to develop code, specify hardware and develop/modify HMI graphics.
- Candidate should be capable of understanding Oil, Gas and Petrochemical process systems.
- Basic understanding of hazardous area electrical classification and knowledge of NEC, IEC and other international requirements
- Familiar with AutoCAD and drafting software
- Familiar with MCC circuitry, VFDs and soft starters
- Working knowledge of MS office products
- Familiarity with rotating machinery such as pumps and compressors
- Familiar with Cable and conduit interconnection for instruments and motors
- Proven programing skills for Rockwell / Siemens PLC and HMI platform
- Working knowledge of industrial communication protocols
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor or master’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
- 5-8 years or more of related work experience (flexible depending on educational background)