Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible and accountable for proactively performing in-house electrical engineering, providing guidance, direction, and support to all asset infrastructure development projects.
- BEng / BSc (Hons) Electrical Engineering Degree, with bias towards medium / low voltage electrical power generation and distribution system equipment. Extensive & relevant experience in lieu of a formal qualifications may also be considered.
- Registered (or progressing towards) Chartered Electrical Engineer (CEng MIET) status or International equivalent is preferable.
- Minimum of 15 years O&G industry electrical engineering design expertise with at least 10 years experience in facilities Engineering & Construction greenfield / brownfield projects.
- Motivated self-starter professional capable of providing effective knowledge share mentoring, interpersonal skills, motivate personnel, focus actions on common goals and project technical execution.
- Diverse background with experience in technical support to operational troubleshooting, root cause analysis, construction & commissioning methods, logic thinking & analytical problem solving skills.
- Must be able to pass the Company offshore training requirements and must not be colour blind. Health should not limit the ability to work offshore for unspecified periods, as and when required.
- Candidate shall be able to demonstrate experience and particular knowledge of Electrical design principals, specification & selection of equipment in the following subject areas:
- Generators, Transformers, MV/LV switchgear, umbilical, VSD & UPS systems.
- Hazardous Areas, Ex equipment application design to IEC-60079-14 and an understanding of Ex Maintenance & Ex Inspection to IEC-60079-17.
- SLD system design, trouble-shooting, electrical safety & protection relay principals.
- Familiarity of potential problems & solutions working in an offshore environment.
- Working knowledge in Shell DEP and International Electrotechnical Industry Standards (IEC, BS-EN, BS-IEC, ANSI, IEEE, API, EI-15 & IP-15, CAP-437, etc).
- General knowledge of Electrical Operations & Maintenance activities.
- General knowledge of relevant Oil & Gas HSE regulations.