We're looking for a talented Senior SSIS Developer to join our team and help us move critica data between Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases.
This is a great opportunity to work on a cutting-edge project that will make a real impact on the way our agency operates.
As a Senior SSIS Developer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Developing and maintaining automated ETL solutions with Microsoft SSIS and Oracle platforms.
- Performing analysis and research of application functionality and interpreting project requirements to develop technical specifications for application ETL functionality.
- Determining database requirements by analyzing business operations, applications, and programming; reviewing business objectives; and evaluating current systems.
- Practicing current development methods/techniques and establishing development standards (which include coding standards, documentation standards, and testing standards) to ensure the quality and maintainability of automated solutions.
- Communicating and/or collaborating with business area stakeholders to coordinate development efforts in support of business needs.
- Leading the development and maintenance of documentation and ensuring that the content of documentation is well organized, complete, and appropriate to the audience.
- Ensuring project schedules are met, and/or re-negotiated, and approved prior to target dates.
- Communicating progress and issues affecting work assignments to management and/or Project Manager as soon as possible.
- Following established change management code migration processes.
- Mentoring junior level staff in the development, testing, and deployment of new and/or modified solutions.
- Collaborating with other staff in the development, testing, and deployment of new and/or modified solutions.
- Familiar with design best practices of data warehouse and application databases.
- Reviews all application database change requests to determine any (downstream) effect on warehouse ETLs.
- Consults the Data Dictionary for any dependencies and additional information that the data admin request may require.
- Assist with the review of database performance and suggest alternative ways to resolve any performance issues.
- Creation of technical documentation for process and interface documentation is a key element of this role, as the Team is working on release two of a minimum four release effort.
- Ability to review the work of others, troubleshoot, and provide feedback and guidance to meet tight deliverable deadlines is required.
- Ability to promote the code from development environments to production.
- Familiarity with Github or equivalent version control systems.
- Extensive experience with Oil & Gas systems
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in SSIS development, with experience in Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle platforms a plus.
- Experience with data warehousing and data modeling.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to work with a talented team of professionals.
- Chance to make a real impact on the company and its products.
- Challenging and rewarding work environment.
If you're a highly skilled SSIS Developer with the skills and experience we're looking for, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
THIS 100% REMOTE JOB OPPORTUNITY WITHIN UNITED STATES RESIDENTS MUST BE USC OR GCH! NO C2C - DO NOT INSIST