Static Equipment Engineer- Reading
Airswift is seeking a Static Equipment Engineer to work on a 1 year assignment in Reading with a major integrated energy and chemicals company.
Brief Job Overview
Development of discipline design basis, technical specifications, pro-active management of vendor technical interfaces, leadership in the identification, submittal and resolution of scope changes and deviations, coordination with other disciplines. Position involves ensuring conformance to applicable engineering codes and standards as well as company QA system, policies and procedures.
- Prepare and/or review design calculations for pressure vessels and tanks.
- Prepare and/or review technical Specifications.
- Inter-disciplinary delivery checking.
- Prepare and/or review technical clarification of pressure vessel vendor bids to ensure vendor compliance with Aramco standards.
- Prepare and/or review technical reports to support order placement of air coolers, heat exchangers, storage tanks, specialist equipment and filters to ensure vendor compliance with Aramco standards.
- Project technical support and familiarity with risk assessments, design reviews, constructability and Hazards and Operability (HAZOPs).
- Ensure quality and timelines for deliverables.
- Prepare and/or review Vendor proposals/technical clarifications.
- Actively communicate with other disciplines to optimize areas of interface during the design development.
- Coordinate the design effort to support the materials requisitions and ensures these documents comply with the technical project specifications.
- Analyze disputed item from technical and contractual aspects and prepare required official response.
- Responsible for processing and following up change orders requests. As well as preparing required Justification Work Sheet, Issuing Change Order Request to Contractor and lead scope alignment process with Contractor.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent, chartered status is also preferable
10 -15 years of experience in Oil and Gas industry petrochemical project
Good working knowledge of Aramco standards and procedures and International standards
Good knowledge of English, both written and verbal
Summary on Airswift
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry.