One of our major clients is seeking a Structural Engineering Professional Associate to work remotely for a 12-month assignment (Temp to Hire).
Perform all conventional aspects of Structural Engineering and analysis:
- Plan and conduct work requiring judgement in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Exercise sound engineering judgement and problem-solving skills
- Possess knowledge of principles and practices of seismic design, including ability to apply required provisions of the building code.
Exhibit a high level of attention to detail and quality control:
- Perform calculation checking of other engineers' work.
- Take complete ownership of your portion of the structural scope, reliably working to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
- You may be given tasks with ill-defined conditions of satisfaction; in which case you will be expected to take the initiative to determine what is needed to meet the project and client needs.
- Clearly define you own scope and start to develop your ability to forecast level of effort needed to complete that scope.
- Be ready to identify scope change and escalate it to your Structural Lead or Project Manager.
- Work in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner with strong attention to detail
- Provide technical guidance, coaching, and/or mentorship to designers/drafters and less experienced engineers.
- Be proactive in advancing workflows, systems, and tools within the structural discipline. Embrace emerging technologies.
As a Lead Structural Engineer for an assigned project:
- Lead a team of Structural Engineers and Designers in the development of calculations, specifications, construction drawings, and the structural model.
- Fully understand all structural scope, recognize how that scope is both generated and impacted by other disciplines, and identify scope change.
- Develop and manage schedule, budget, and staffing forecasts for the structural scope.
- Attend project meetings and take an active role to help team resolve concerns and solve problems across all disciplines.
- May be asked to act as the stamping Engineer of Record.
- Take ultimate responsibility for all aspects of the deliverables, including calculations and all construction documents.
- Participate in and champion internal, cross-discipline, and external project quality reviews.
- Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- This position will require you to work from your home office.
- You may be asked to support work for/in other offices (possibly including Temporary Duty Assignments)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, with an emphasis in Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in Structural or Civil engineering
- Structural Engineer License (SE) and Professional Engineer License (PE) is a plus
- Experience with US building codes including IBC, ASCE 7, ACI, and AISC
- Experience designing and analyzing traditional steel and concrete structures
- Experience in Semi-conductor industrial or general industrial facilities
- Experience with STAAD, Navisworks, and Bluebeam
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills