Location: Tavaux, France – site based role
Contract duration: initial 12 month contract
Contract type: hourly rate basis (all-inclusive)
Start Date: ASAP
Project: SOLVAY expansion project
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Ryan Kirkpatrick
As one of the world’s leading consulting and engineering companies, operating across Energy and Materials markets, we are proud to be in a position to expand our team in France and have partnered with Airswift in order to help us meet our recruitment objectives in 2023.
We have an opportunity for a Subcontract Administrator to support the SOLVAY expansion project – a multi-million-dollar EPCm project to deliver the Solvay polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) site to be built in Tavaux, France. PVDF is a high-performance polymer and is produced to meet the growing demand of lithium-ion batteries for electric and hybrid vehicles, creating safer and longer-range performance. The site will increase Solvay France’s PVDF capacity to 35,000 tons per year – making it the largest PVDF production site in Europe.
This will be a site-based role, at the construction site in Tavaux, France; where the successful candidate(s) will be engaged on an initial 12 month contract, with the potential for further contract renewals.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for administering several construction contracts (including Mechanical, Electrical and Instrument works) and will work in a multi-cultural integrated team, reporting to the Subcontract Administration Manager.
- Participate to each Kick-off meeting to inform subcontractors about the procedures of administration (preparation of unit rate accounting, evaluation of extra works, progress payment certificates, bank guarantees, insurances to be provided etc.)
- Review in detail and approve the Contractor's progress payment certificates (PPCs) in accordance with the Contract, obtain all internal and external authorizations and issue the authorization to invoice letter to Contractors.
- Review Contractor’s additional compensation requests and offers, negotiate and agree with Contractor and issue the relevant Change Orders (CHO), obtain all internal and external authorizations, and send the CHO to Contractor for execution. Once the CHO will be completed, verify the final cost proposal from Contractor and approve.
- Organize weekly subcontracting meetings to discuss open commercial items and issue on a weekly basis the relative notes of meeting.
- Ensure that the unit rate accounting (pre and as built) approval is given in accordance with the contractual method of measurement and preambles. Following the verification of unit rate accounting by the Quantity Surveyor, if any disputes arise, inform Subcontract Administration Manager and organize a dedicated meeting to discuss the matter with the Contractor.
- Assure that extra works, claims, back charges, penalties and close out of the contract are performed / processed in accordance with the Project Subcontract Administration Procedure.
- Update each month the “Subcontract Administration Report” including all CHOs and PPCs issued within the month.
- Monitor the official correspondence with construction contractors and inform the subcontract administration manager for any critical issues.
- Draft letters to reply to Contractors and send them to Subcontract Administration Manager review.
- Follow up insurances and bank guarantees and inform Subcontract Administration Manager for the ones that are expiring.
- Ensure that all contract, unit rate accounting and CHO documents are properly filed and in auditable conditions
- Assist Subcontract Administration Manager for the evaluation of claims assessment and follow up until the final settlement and issue of the settlement agreement.
- Assist the Subcontract Administration Manager in resolving disputes with contractors, about contractor's contractual obligations, and participate, as required to the claim meetings with contractors
Skills / Qualifications
The ideal candidate shall…
- hold an Engineer or a technical degree with minimum 5 years of experience in Subcontracts and Subcontracts Administration at site for Chemical or Oil & Gas industries. Previous experience in France is a plus
- have very good level of written and spoken French and English
- have good experience in MS Office programs with complex Excel files
- have very good communication and leadership skills
- be used to work in an integrated team on complex projects
- be able to supervise one or more Quantity Surveyor
- be eligible to work in France
- be available to work at construction site