Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Duration: initial 12 month contract, with option to extend. ASAP start.
Project: INEOS Project One OSBL
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Ryan Kirkpatrick
As one of the world’s leading consulting and engineering companies, operating across Energy and Materials markets, we are proud to be in a position to expand our team in Belgium and have partnered with Airswift in order to help us meet our recruitment objectives in 2023.
We have an opportunity for a SUBCONTRACT SPECIALIST to support the INEOS Project One and perform quantity surveying for several construction packages (i.e. Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Instrument works etc), on a multi-million-dollar project to deliver EPCm services for a new state-of-the-art petrochemicals complex in Antwerp, Belgium. Project One which will deliver an ethane cracker with the lowest carbon footprint in Europe.
This position will be a site-based role in Antwerp, Belgium; where the successful candidate(s) will be engaged on an initial 12 month contract, with the option for further contract renewals to follow.
- Check and approve:
- the unit price Pre-Accounting with the drawings issued for construction and;
- As Built Accounting based on as built drawings submitted by construction contractors. Verify quantities and relevant economical evaluation according to the preambles and method of measurements stipulated in the Contract.
- Prepare and issue, on weekly basis, the report and the status of the (pre and as built) accounting for each contract
- Expedite and ensure timely receipt of the accounting from construction contractors
- Maintain proper filing of all accounting to facilitate any audit
- Liaise with construction contractors to verify their Progress Payment Certificates (issued on monthly basis)
- Check the evaluation of any extra works requested by construction contractors / client
- Participate to the analysis of construction contractors' claims
- Participate to the preparation of contract revisions
- Monitor the official correspondence between the business and construction contractors and inform the subcontract administrator for any urgent issues.
- Participate to the preparation of official letters for construction contractors
- Follow up the expiry dates of Bank Guarantees (Performance, advance payment, etc), and the insurances provided by construction contractors.
- Participate the weekly subcontracting meetings with subcontractors and participate to the preparation of the notes of meetings after each weekly meeting.
- Participate to the continuous update of the subcontracts monthly report with the extra works issued during that month.
Skills / Qualifications
The ideal candidate shall…
- hold a technical or a relevant degree with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Quantity Surveying for works in industrial plants;
- have very good level of written and spoken English, Dutch is a plus.
- be used to work in an integrated team on complex projects
- be eligible to work in Belgium without restrictions
- be available to work at construction site