Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Subsea Planner to work on a multi-year contract in St. John’s, NL.
Reporting: Reports to the Marine/Subsea Coordinator for day-to-day requirements. Reports to Planning Manager for Functional requirements. Has no direct or indirect reports.
Working in the Project Services Team, this position will be responsible for supporting the Marine and Subsea teams and participate in the SIMOPS working group.
- Supports the Marine and Subsea project teams and is a member of the SIMOPS team.
- Review and analysis of the contractor submitted monthly forecast schedules, monthly reports, interface milestones , fabrication requirements and scope execution.
- Preparation and management of SimOps schedule including managing interfaces between subprojects.
- Responsible for assessing the physical progress, analyzing data, performing trend analysis, compare progress with contractual schedule, suggesting corrective actions, when necessary and preparing report documents.
- Early flagging of potential risk, suggest a corrective action for slippage (if any).
- Input to the development of project progress report and key performance indicators.
- Prepare detailed analysis of critical paths, highlights to the project team and instigate corrective action to ensure on time delivery.
- Review schedule trends for early identification of problem areas and develop suggestions for corrective action to management. Monitor actual progress against planned progress.
- Identification of Variations/Additional works and subsequent management of Schedule/ Budgets and provide planning and scheduling input for cost forecasting, for reporting purposes together with analysis of reasons for any shortfall, potential bottlenecks, mitigating actions etc., as well as for periodic presentations to all parties involved.
- Coordinate with Planning Manager and Team Members and prepare schedule forecasts.
- Analyze impact of proposed changes to project scope / requirements and re-baseline the schedules to incorporate approved changes.
- Weekly and monthly progress s-curves and updating.
- Supplementary reporting on an ad-hoc basis
- Support in increasing specific reports and analysis during key periods of the project
- Critical path analysis and reporting.
- Schedule deviation analysis and reporting.
- Weekly and Monthly KPIs.
- Change Management review and analysis.
- Monthly report support.
- 5-7+ years planning experience
- Project experience considered an asset
- Understanding of detailed engineering design
- Solid experience with planning / scheduling systems and tools such as Primavera, Progress and Performance Measurement tools
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Understand cost control, change management and contractual functions
- Experience working in subsea projects.
- Post-Secondary degree in Engineering or Technology required
- Professional Engineer considered an asset
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Planning and Schedule Professional (PSP)