Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Systems Admin to work within their facilities in Perth WA.
Our client is a growing IT Services company in the Perth market with an outstanding reputation with clients and an excellent staff retention rate. Due to ongoing success and internal growth, they require the services of an experienced Systems Admin.
Our client is seeking a motivated and talented individual to join their IT team as a Infrastructure Systems Administrator. As an Infrastructure Systems Administrator, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow while supporting the design, implementation, and maintenance of our organization's network and system infrastructure. This role will provide hands-on experience and mentorship to help you develop your skills in infrastructure administration.
This will be a permanent position and will be based in Perth WA.
From a technical perspective you will be required to:
- Assist in the design, implementation, and maintenance of the organization's network and system infrastructure.
- Work with senior administrators to manage and troubleshoot servers, storage systems, and network devices.
- Monitor system performance and assist in identifying and resolving performance issues.
- Contribute to the implementation and management of backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Collaborate with the IT team to ensure optimal security and data protection measures.
- Assist in the configuration and management of virtualization platforms.
- Contribute to the maintenance of system documentation and troubleshooting procedures.
- Provide technical support and assistance to end-users as needed.
- Stay updated with emerging technologies and industry trends in infrastructure administration.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Relevant IT certifications.
- Exposure to Active Directory, Azure, Azure Active Directory and M365 administration beneficial but not essential.
- Foundational knowledge of general IT concepts including hardware, software, security, networking and backup.
- Working knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems, Office/M365 applications (primarily Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams) and end user devices (laptop/phone).
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Ability to problem solve and deliver efficient and practical solutions based on business objectives.
- Customer service focused.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical users.
- Self-motivated with a positive and proactive “can do” attitude and ability to multitask.
- Able to manage and prioritise work but also seek assistance where required.
- Basic understanding of network protocols, server administration, and storage systems.
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies such as VMware or Hyper-V is a plus.
- Knowledge of common operating systems (e.g., Windows, Linux).
Candidates must be based in Perth and possess full Australian working rights to be considered for this position.