Location: Melbourne, VIC
Duration: 6 months contract
This role will be reporting to the Tax Services Manager, this role will see you deliver accurate and timely direct and indirect tax compliance obligations for Australia and New Zealand.
- Assist in prepare/review of tax compliance obligations for various taxes in Australia and New Zealand including but not limited to GST, New Zealand Local authority fuel tax (LAFT), New Zealand regional fuel tax (RFT), New Zealand FBT and various income tax related compliance requirements including tax effect accounting and reporting.
- Assist in managing service delivery of our offshore team in the preparation of indirect tax compliance obligations.
- Assist in providing compliance assurance through due diligence of key tax risk areas.
- Assist in tax planning initiatives, entity liquidations, dividend planning, GFO and RTM template for regional tax reporting.
- Assist in periodic review of key tax balance sheet accounts.
- Proven experience in a similar tax accountant role with compliance exposure 03 years of experience.
- Data extraction(essential) and analytical skills preferably experienced with Power BI. (Preferable)
- Good understanding of working with ERPs(essential) including SAP (preferable) data extraction, journal posting
- Advance MS excel working knowledge. (essential)
- Commercial acumen, strong judgment, and decision-making skills.
- High level of communication skills, relationship building and networking skills.
- CA or CPA qualification (or working towards) will be highly regarded.