Airswift has been tasked to find a Tier 2 Desktop Support Analyst / IT Manager to work with a Healthcare company in Odessa, TX. This is a contract-to-hire, full ONSITE position.
The Manager of Information Technology (IT) position is responsible for effectively managing the IT applications and support functions for clinical or business systems. The manager effectively manages business workflow analysis, system definition, design, and functionality.
The manager position responsibilities include managing the daily work activities of the work unit/department staff, ensuring quality, productivity, functional excellence and efficiency while assisting management in accomplishing strategic and operational objectives. In addition, this position provides guidance to staff and is responsible for staffing, budget compliance, contributing to staffing decisions such as hiring and terminating employment, coaching and counseling employees on work related performance, and assisting in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure a safe and effective work environment. This position also implements training, monitoring and operations initiatives that assure compliance with ethical and legal business practices and accreditation/regulatory/government regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor email, and phone communication (both internal and external) in order to promptly and properly acknowledge and address reported issues with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Serve as the first point of contact for seeking technical assistance.
- Create and maintain Active Directory for new hires and terminations.
- Manage Help Desk tickets in a timely manner for Odessa location.
- Maintains an inventory of spare equipment for repair or distribution.
- Assist in the moving of equipment and in setting up new work areas as new employees are hired or transitioned into other departments.
- Experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Office applications, internet connection issues, computer hardware failures, and providing remote support through VPN servers and other remote connections.
- Familiarity with VOIP technology and basic network infrastructure operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and able to provide excellent customer support to users.
- Documents items such as repair solutions, IT inventory lists, and employee lists.
- Documents known fixes and common repair procedures for new or reoccurring issues.
- Provide daily workload task that include monitoring call queue, ticket queue, teams chat queue, prioritization of support tickets, and providing remote support to Operations.
- Communicate with clinic Office Managers and Hospital Management concerning resolution of IT issues and provide notification of outages, updates, or scheduled maintenance.
- Respond, communicate, and report suspicious cybersecurity related issues to the appropriate technical team and IT Management.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Provision access management badging for staff
- Assist with Citrix VDI user management.
- Assist IT department with company wide implementations of software and operational improvements.
- High School Diploma or GED required; some college courses preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in; Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, or related field preferred.
- 5-10 Years of Experience required.
- At least one year of clinical IT support
- Knowledge of HIPAA standards and requirements
- Ability to update and maintain network infrastructure like firewalls, switches and servers.
- Experience setting up computer systems including laptops, desktops and IT related office equipment.
- Must be able to lift and move equipment such as computers, servers and other basic IT appliances.
- Must have strong customer service skills and be a self-starter.
- Excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Be able to work well in a team environment with other IT professionals.
- Onsite support of business units during core hours between 8:00 AM CST and 5:00 PM CST
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A collaborator who can work harmoniously in a collaborative team environment.
- Able to multitask and manage multiple moving priorities at once.
- A strong communicator