Key objective: Applies Project knowledge, Engineering knowledge and seasoned experience to independently manage the engineering and design of a project, resolve interface issues across different engineering disciplines and support the fabrication, installation, commissioning and start up of facilities and equipment/ utilities interface associated with the conversion and outfitting of FSO / FPSO tankers, conversion of MOPU jack-ups for production operations or deep water TLP projects.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with minimum 20 years’ experience in onshore/offshore Oil & Gas area or FPSO line(s) or MS degree plus minimum 15 years relevant experience.
- Specialist knowledge of at least one Topside project or basic knowledge of multiple technologies, projects and applications. Working knowledge of competing and alternative technologies.
- Ability to communicate with construction sites and commissioning team on technical requirements and manage technical queries and changes.
- Client management skills.
- Adequate knowledge of all the interfaces between Topside and Marine Engineering, facilities/systems of FPSO with specific attention to his discipline, and working of all Process, Mechanical, Piping, Structure, Electrical & Telecom, Instrumentation and Marine engineering.
- Knowledge of sequencing of engineering activities.
- Capability to review engineering deliverables of various disciplines and knowledge of the types of documents to be generated by each engineering department and the inputs involved.
- Capable of defining design concepts during initial phase of the project considering HSE, constructability operability and maintainability.
- Familiarity with standards applicable to engineering disciplines and awareness of class, industry, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to organize meetings and liaise with class and client team to resolve issues.
- Should understand FPSO design from Operability & Maintenance perspective
- Should possess basic understanding of Field Operating condition (i.e. Pre-salt, H2S, etc.)
- Must understand and interpret total Project life-cycle cost & benefit, as well as their implications during FEED & EPC phase planning & design.
- Must possess good communication and leadership skills.
- Shows evidence of good organization skills.
- Software knowledge: familiar in use of Software, Database systems related to Engineering functions.