TRANSMISSION LINE PRINCIPAL ENGINEER, Remote.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry. The level of experience, exposure, and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a REMOTE Transmission Line Principal Engineer to join one of our Florida-based clients on an initial one-year contract.
As part of the Engineering team, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the design of transmission line projects from conception through construction and commissioning.
- Secure engineering consulting resources from a list of approved suppliers by developing a scope of work, securing bids, evaluating, and awarding work through the Company’s Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) Group.
- Coordinate with other project stakeholders to develop and secure a route, and support the engineering data, and permits necessary to design and build the line, including geotechnical and lidar data. Activities include competitively sourcing, selecting, and contracting geotechnical, survey, engineering, and construction services, and supporting the E&C Cost Estimating Team with scope assumptions.
- Responsible for coordinating the engineering deliverables in support of competitive proposals, as well as the design and construction of projects. Deliverables include Issued for Bid, Issued for Procurement, Issued for Construction, and As-built drawings, design criteria, and contributions to proposal documents (RFP).
- The position requires coordination with other groups to ensure the projects are successful. Generally responsible for representing E&C’s internal and external interests on assigned projects, including presentations/briefings on current progress, issues, and risk mitigation in meetings with various levels of management.
- The position requires technical competence such as the ability to understand one-line and three-line diagrams, general arrangements, plans and profiles, and other common deliverables.
- Strong knowledge of transmission design, excellent communication and project management skills, a bias for action, proven analytical and problem-solving skills, and an ability to provide value engineering and ensure design quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, Mechanical, or Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years of direct experience in the development, design, engineering, and construction of High Voltage Transmission line projects.