Environmental Specialist – Charlotte, NC
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking an Environmental Specialist to work within their facilities located in Charlotte, NC for a 1-year assignment.
This professional will be responsible for evaluating federal, state, and local environmental permitting requirements, and gaining required permits, specifically sediment and erosion control/stormwater preparation plans (SWPPP) and stormwater permitting for transmission capital project work concerning regulated electric transmission substations and lines.
- Responsible for providing functional direction in preparing and obtaining environmental, erosion control / stormwater, and construction permits for federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
- Provide compliance assurance support to the Transmission Construction team that ongoing projects are in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Serve on project teams, attend meetings, and site visits, and develop permitting scope and schedule for variety of projects.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of permitting regulations and compliance requirements and their impact to Transmission projects.
- Work with minimal supervision to determine and develop approaches to design and permitting issues.
- Serves as environmental permitting expert for capital Transmission projects and collaborate with multiple work groups to provide specialized technical design expertise and judgment to resolve complex permitting issues.
- Maintain project schedules and accountability for meeting specified schedules for permitting tasks.
- Track project schedules and tasks.
- Closeout of permits, including coordination with agencies, once construction is complete.
- Develop processes, find efficiencies / improvements, and maintain appropriate permit records.
- Develop processes and maintain appropriate permit records as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or other related field of study
- Minimum of 8 years of experience
- Proficient in obtaining local, state, and federal environmental permits including erosion and sediment & erosion control plans and Army Corps of Engineers US 404/401 permits.
- Knowledge AutoCAD Civil 3D and ArcGIS
- Ten years of experience supporting site civil and/or land development environmental permitting within multiple regulatory jurisdictions.
- Experience preparing erosion control plan drawings, stormwater permits, and obtaining plan approval from NC DEQ/ SC DHEC.
- Excellent negotiating skills with regulators and the public regarding the environmental permitting of land development projects.