Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Turbine/Generator Specialist to work within their facilities located in North Carolina, USA for a short-term assignment.
- Responsible for operations, maintenance and balance of plant functions required at the Combustion Turbine facility.
- Perform operation, planned and unplanned maintenance on substation equipment at the Combustion Turbine facility.
- Perform and follow Lock-Out-Tag-Out procedures on equipment such as gas turbines, pumps valves, chillers and high-voltage equipment
- Able to make repairs to prime movers and balance of plant equipment at a Combustion Turbine facility
- Able to operate, troubleshoot and maintain water treatment facilities such as reverse osmosis, demineralizes; and perform chemical treatment for equipment such as chillers, cooling towers and HRSGs
- Perform and monitor combustion turbine plant equipment through normal operations, testing and emergency-type events
- Perform inventory duties, generating spare parts list, min/max levels and revising inventory lists as required.
- Able to read and understand technical mechanical, civil, electrical drawings
- General knowledge and ability to perform high voltage switching
- Experience with combustion turbine technology.
- Experience with large heavy gas turbine and steam turbine supplier technologies.
- Experience with mechanical and electronic field-testing equipment.
- Experience with digital control systems, programmable logic controllers, and multi-fueled technologies.
- Experience with heavy equipment rigging and a combustion turbine site with heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of heavy lifting cranes and rigging requirements
- Two-year college degree or technical school certificate; or 2 plus years of related experience or combustion turbine industry training or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must successfully complete EEI's Plant Operator Selection System (POSS), and Power Plant Maintenance Selection System (MASS).
- Must successfully complete a Power Plant Physical Abilities Assessment.
- Required to pass a medical physical including a respirator fit test.
- Ability to successfully complete levels of Employee Development and Qualification Program training.
- Ability to work around equipment that generates electromagnetic fields (EMF).
- This position contains a weight restriction of 275 pounds as an essential function of the job. The purpose of this restriction is to ensure that all weight rated equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner within maximum allowed weight loading.