Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Weight Control Engineer to work within their facilities located in Kuala Lumpur
Weight Control Engineer – Kuala Lumpur
Our client is looking for a Weight Control Engineer who will support their Engineering team in the execution of a large-scale EPC Project. The Weight Control Engineer shall ensure that the weight management and philosophy meet project and client requirements, as well as international codes, Company specifications and industry standards and regulations. The position shall be able to interface and interact with all project disciplines to ensure a correct estimation of the weights of bulks & equipment, being responsible to maintain the weight databases (MON) of live and past projects. Extensive experience in weight control is required, for projects in weight-critical industries ideally including at least 5+ years of weight control experience on offshore steel structures.
Duration: 1-Year Fixed Term Direct Hire Contract with the Client (Renewable)
The Weight Control Engineer executes the activities within own area of responsibility, ensuring compliance with the QA/QC and HSE requirements.
Own tasks include:
- Prepare and issue Weight Control Procedures
- Plan, prepare and issue weight reports on a regular basis
- Set up, operation and maintenance of weight control software
- Interface with Project Team, collecting data transmitted by disciplines of dry, lift and operating weights of each single weight element
- Review data provided by all engineering disciplines in terms of overall consistency with plant layout
- Implement, review, analyse, classify and process data supplied by engineering disciplines
- Propose and organize any corrective action to ease and secure the communication of the data
- Provide an accurate analysis and evaluation of any weight deviation or center of gravity variation and their effect on the limits set by the project and proposing, when necessary, corrective actions (target weight)
- Identify and monitor weight implication due to design changes
- Perform back-up of input data to guarantee traceability of the data for the whole duration of the project
- MON (weight databases)
- Microsoft Office
- SmartPlant Review