Welding Engineer – La Defense
Airswift is seeking a Welding Engineer to work on a 12 months assignment in Paris area with a major O&G Company on the NFE project.
- Start : ASAP for 12 months renewable
- Location : Paris La Défense
- Projects : QATAR NFE Project
Brief Job Overview
You will perform the following tasks:
- Participate to technical meetings (KOM, PIM, etc) and audits worldwide with our Clients, Partners and Sub-contractors;
- Review Client and/or Partners specifications and prepare project specific deliverables;
- Manage the review of Sub-contractor’s technical documentation for which the Candidate is responsible during EPC phases (typically, but not limited to: Welding Books including WPS, PQR, NDE & PWHT procedures, Testing procedures);
- Respond to Client and Vendor technical queries during the clarification process (ensure the contractual requirements are taken into account);
- Manage work time budgets and progress;
- Report to the Lead Materials & Welding;
- Ease interface communication with other Disciplines (e.g. pressure vessel, piping , procurement, etc.) including technical support on Welding and Non-Destructive Examination topics during commercial clarifications;
- Upon request, participate to technical visits to Sub-contractor’s premises (Vendor/Yard) for resolution of main Non-Conformance.
- Perform Gap Analysis of relevant design and fabrication codes for pressure vessels, piping and structural fabrication including NDE standards such as ASME, EN, ISO, GOST, AWS, ASTM, , etc.;
- Prepare of Welding and NDE specifications to be attached to the Material Requisitions;
- Identify and select most suitable welding processes (SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, MCAW, SAW, etc.) as well as welding procedure to carry out the specific activity/work;
- Provide technical support for technical clarifications and deviations;
- Support the Quality Control Leads and Field Engineers/Construction Managers;
- Provide on-site assistance to resolve Yards/Vendors technical issues relating to NDE;
- Interface with engineering, vendors and construction contractors timely and with proactive attitude
- IWE Certification COMPULSORY
- Field of expertise in welding engineering, structural fabrication, pressure vessel, quality, non-destructive examination (NDE)
- Full knowledge of standards (ASME, EN/ISO, DNV, API, AISC, etc.).
- Knowledge of the softwares: MS Office Package, Adobe Acrobat, Autodesk
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry.