Airswift is tasked in inviting experienced Welding/NDT Inspector to consider a contract role in Singapore.
Main responsibilities and reporting:
Welding Inspector shall participate in all related inspections and carry out daily surveillance of all construction activities on the Project. The inspector shall document his activities by issuing relevant Quality Check Sheets and sign of RFI’s and other test documentation.
The Inspector shall work closely with his supervisors, have a good knowledge of Equinor MC System ProCoSys and keep the system updated.
- Daily update ProCoSys for structural discipline.
- Organize MCCR punch update and closing.
- Daily update and close out STOFAT issues.
- Collect, issue and update Quality Check Sheets status.
- Follow up Heli-Deck structural and piping scope.
- Collect and give input to discipline Weekly Report.
- Review and approve package documentation.
- Perform inspection to ensure that the construction work is performed and duly comply to project specific quality requirements.
- Verify construction process inspection, final inspection and welding.
- Carry out welding control and inspection.
- Issue Quality Check Sheets following observations seen during inspection and follow-up on status of rework and close-out.
- Observe and report any non-recorded repair work
- Ensure correct use of structural steel material (grad, thickness)
- Ensure correct NDT requirements are followed as per specifications.
- Ensure bevel preparation is in adequacy with the designed weld details and WPS.
- Ensure correct welding parameters are used.
- Review all NDT reports and approval.
- Witness all testing activities.
- Monitor PWHT.
- Attend to all potential quality problems to prevent occurrence of defects.
- Carry out related MC activities.
- Prepare and compile the final punch list prior to delivery of the fabricated and assembled components.
Additional focus areas:
- Continuously be a role model for HSE standards, at all sites
Education and experience
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience together with a trade or higher qualification in structural discipline.
- Familiar with Norsok Requirements.
- Familiar with Class rules, DNV-GL.
- Familiar with Equinor Technical Requirements (TR’S).
- Familiar with Equinor’s ProCoSyS.
- Familiar with the Yard practices (Construction drawing, shop drawing NDE map and weld map)
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing), communication and reporting skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge in structure, welding, material, corrosion and NDE.
- Be skilled in using computer programs for word processing, spread sheets and e-mail communications.
- Recognition as an inspector through an organisation such as CSWIP 3.1 or 3.2,