Oil & Gas - Onshore Oil
November 27, 2023
Airswift (Air Energi Caspian LLP) is currently looking for a Lead Contracts Specialist (for KZ passport holders) for one of our large project in Tengiz, 28/28. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
Candidate must have experience of leading Contracts activities on a capital project and be familiar with project contracting processes and procedures.
Lead Contracts Specialist is responsible for supporting the SCM Manager on Project contracting activities including but not limited to Contract administration, development of contracting plans and strategies, bid processing and formulating and execution of stand-alone contracts, service orders, and AWOs.
Demonstrates leadership using the Incident & Injury-Free (IIF) framework, Operational Excellence (OE) and placing strong emphasis on project and contractor(s) workforce regarding Health, Environment, and Safety (HES) performance.
Demonstrates skills to bring multi-discipline teams together and able to interface with multiple stakeholders; strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication; effective listening skills linked with feedback capabilities; experienced to interact effectively with company and contractor(s) resources, processes and tools.
Tengiz experience is desirable.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supports and assists in development of contracting procedures, contracting plans, contract registers/reports, and other internal Company and/or project requirements when requested.
• Directs, guides, and delivers Contracting services. Provides Contracts related consultations to Project Management. Develops main directions of works in Contracts sphere.
• Develops and implements ethical, scalable, documented, and auditable project Contracts processes and procedures.
• Ensures that all Contracting activities are undertaken within their respective scope in accordance with Company and project standards and processes, procedures, and compliance requirements.
• Interfaces and maintains close working relationships with other business functions within Company such as SCM, Finance, Tax, Legal, Internal Controls and others as necessary to ensure compliance with the set processes and address all issues as needed.
• Exercises control of compliance processes in terms of the provisions and regulations including anti-corruption statutes, delegation and segregation of duties.
• Develops, formulates, manages, and administers Contracting Strategies and Contracting Plans.
• Ensures the project is compliant for SCM Audits.
• Prepares and submits regular and ad-hoc project Contracts reports.
• Leads the identification and selection of potential bidders in accordance with project needs and requirements.
• Leads the entire tender process through award and contract execution (bid packages preparation: scope of work, compensation mechanism, technical documents, work breakdown structure, general and project-specific terms and conditions, and the like; bids receipts and opening; evaluation and award criteria; bid evaluation and negotiations; award recommendation; contract execution and any other activities needed per the set processes and requirements).
• Leads post-award contract management and administration, including timely settlement of pre-award and post-award issues, contract change management, timely claims settlement to prevent or minimize any work impacts, formal contracts close out.
• Supports Project Management to define and execute tasks on increasing Local Content. Determines how the project can support Company local content and supplier diversity plan.
• Provide SCM Manager with weekly progress reports
• Supports and complies with the quality assurance systems, and works within all policies, procedures and guidlenes.
Job Specification and requirements:
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Higher degree education
• Not less than 4 years of relevant work experience
• Intermediate and higher level of English language (spoken and written)
• Experienced user of MS Office, knowledge of SMART by GEP is a plus
• Relevant work experience on a capital project – Major Capital Project experience is preferred
Demonstrates working knowledge of:
• Contracts administration and management processes.
• Negotiation techniques.
Must be skilled to:
• Develop a detailed action plan for fulfillment of set tasks
• Collect, summarize and structure the information
• Develop resolution options within the framework of professional duties
• Work independently with minimal supervision
• Express thoughts clearly and in structured manner both in written and verbal forms