Oil & Gas - Onshore Oil
Control & Instrumentation
January 24, 2024
Airswift (Air Energi Caspian LLP) is currently looking for a Engineer, Instrumentation II (for KZ passport holders) for one of our large project in Tengiz, 28\28. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
Work on quality engineering deliverables and project execution through engineering contractors. Work with engineers at local engineering companies in Atyrau for providing in-process design reviews, monitoring of QC functions and timely response to engineering queries and provide technical reporting to project and discipline leadership in Tengiz.
• Assists in the technical input to Project Engineers during early project development phases.
• Designs, constructs and modifies medium sized instrumentation systems for process control such as: process end devices for pressure, temperature, and flow measurement; control elements such as control valves and speed controls; wellhead control panels; wiring and junction box enclosures.
• Support understanding by engineering and vendor companies’ team members of instrumentation design requirements and project goals based on Company issued scope documents.
• Review of vendor and contractor engineering company design documents and drawings within Instrumentation discipline to ensure conformity to Company Standards and Specifications.
• Manage to ensure design changes to engineering deliverables are understood and are completed satisfactorily by contractors.
• Technical assistance to and instruction to contractor and vendor company’s engineers for developing appropriate Factory Acceptance Test Procedure /FAT/, Site Acceptance Test Procedure /SAT/, Functional Test Procedures /FTP/. Adopting vendor’s procedures to Company standards. When required to develop appropriate Test procedures.
• Assists in the input to and participate in Project Planning, Scheduling and Estimates.
• Defines problems, tracks down data or drawings, proposes solutions, and assist SCM to get buy-in from stakeholders.
• Review, Prepare and issue Construction Job packs associated with Instrumentation discipline.
• Ensure that all design packages comply with Company Specifications & ASME, API and other applicable national and international standards (to be familiar with PUE requirements, SNIP and GOST standards).
• Provide technical support to site construction and Start-up / Commissioning groups. Provide technical solutions to problems at construction site.
• Maintain and update Company Specifications & Standards in Instrumentation discipline, as required.
• Convert process design to control philosophy and implement design.
• Coordinates front end engineering work done in-house or by engineering contractor.
• Specify and purchase Instrumentation equipment such as, instruments, cables, panels, enclosures and any other instrumentation related material.
• Review out-sourced engineering company drawings and specifications to ensure conformity to Company Standards and Specifications and contract terms.
• Quality checks on all design documents within the discipline.
• Ensure that materials used in fabrication and construction complies with Company Specifications and requirements.
• Responsible for providing technical input, reports and discussion to site technical review bodies or committees.
Job Specification and requirements:
• Experience with Smart Plant Instrumentation for datasheet and wiring design.
• Understanding of Fire and Gas detection and alarm systems.
• Proven skills in technical interactions with vendors and contractors.
• Stable work history & Team player
• Demonstrates high level of motivation and has clear vision of career development.
• Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills to all levels of management.
• Proficiency in use of MS Office Programs is required.
• RoK citizen
• Higher Engineering Degree. (Preferably related to Instrumentation technologies)
• Relevant work experience - not less than 3 years.
• Must have basic understanding of oil field or plant processes.
• Has broad experience in capital projects of oil & gas fields development, understands sequence of project execution phases and can produce engineering deliverables pertinent to different stages of engineering design.
• Able to apply Operational Excellence (OE) Facility Design and Construction, Safe Operation, Reliability and Efficiency Elements when developing solutions for projects and processes.
• Champions and ensures the use of safe work practices and procedures and is a role model with respect to safety leadership behaviors.
• Familiar with Safety Objective Analysis, HAZOP, and WHAT IF.
• Ability to size instrumentation end devices by calculation methods or software.
• Understanding of different communication protocols from end devices to PLCs.
• Understanding of SIS versus BPCS applications.
• Has experience participating in HAZOP, Design Reviews, 3-D Model Reviews.
• Has a good understanding of and applies knowledge of related disciplines (i.e., operations, Health Environment and Safety (HES), business development, etc).
• Familiar with Company procedures and specifications
• Achieve or exceed English level 3 on Company proficiency scale.