Our O&G operator client is seeking a Assistant Accountant to work within their facilities in Perth CBD for 9 months and on going casual contract role.
About the Role:
The Accountant position is a great opportunity to join Finance function and support a range of accounting activities. You will work closely with various finance teams through delivery of timely and accurate accounting transactions.
The role supports the timely processing and delivery of finance transactions across multiple areas, which may include: product stock accounting, management accounting, royalty accounting, fixed assets accounting, financial accounting, and general ledger reconciliations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines;
- Ensuring work is compliant with all statutory requirements, including tax, SOX and audit compliance and company’s Code of Conduct; and
- Ensure effective record keeping and audit trail of business records and communications.
Skills & Experience:
- To be successful in this role, you will need demonstrated experience in an accounting / finance / bookkeeping capacity.
- Accounting qualifications are not mandatory, although you may be studying towards an accounting qualification or professional certification. A working knowledge of SAP or similar ERP is of benefit.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Management Accounting - preparation of accruals, cost allocations, tariff journals, general journals, cash calls, and secondee invoicing, governance of commitments, preparation of expenditure reports, primary cost and trial balance reviews, financial statement analysis, and period end close activities;
- Royalty Accounting – preparation of monthly royalty returns, processing of royalty payments, and provision of royalty audit support;
- Fixed Assets – creation and maintenance of fixed asset master data, processing of asset transfers, disposals, retirements, impairments and revaluations, preparation of monthly documents and commentary, periodic asset reviews and period end close activities;
- Financial Accounting - preparation and upload of month end journals, customer invoicing, preparation of monthly workbooks;
- SOX activities – SOX control compliance, and SOX control testing support;
- General Ledger Reconciliations – preparation of balance sheet reconciliations as well as supporting data and evidence
For further information and a detailed Job description please email an up-to-date CV, along with your notice period and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org