- Performs professional accounting functions in either accounting staff or operating unit applications. In staff applications, functions are typically to conduct studies, analyze financial data, monitor costs and cost control procedures and provide accounting staff support to Controller's Division. In operating applications, functions are typically to accumulate and prepare CCSD input data, prepare schedules, reports and payrolls, make related accounting entries, initiate payments, and maintain records and controls.
- Responsible, under the general direction of senior Accounting Staff Analysts, for staff accounting efforts and provides staff accounting advice and assistance serving all ASC departments and U.S. Subsidiary Companies. Assignments are typically of limited scope with the parameters reasonably well defined and the approach/methods established by previous similar studies and efforts. Incumbent is expected to function relatively independently in performing assignments. Supervision is normally limited to discussion of initial job assignments, consultation on unusual situations, periodic progress reports and review of completed work.
- Conducts special studies of limited scope, develops new or revised accounting procedures, tests validity, presents findings, and recommends approval.
- Assists in implementing approved accounting procedure changes with operating units and CSSD as required. Includes revision of related user manuals and forms and training assistance.
- Investigates the significance of changes in account balances, overhead rates, construction costs, and unit costs; identifies contributing factors and summarizes findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Assists in review of systems change proposals developed in other departments to determine their impact on Controller's Division systems, procedures and operations.
- Maintains and controls documents, ledgers, records and manuals as assigned.
- Prepares data, calculations, statements, reports and CCSD input as required by specific job assignment.
- Computes, compiles, and processes accounting data; examines, reconciles, and monitors disbursements and associated accounting entries and support documents to assure compliance with established procedures.
- Assists in the design for and use of purchased or leased software or programs generated in-house.
- Advises supervisor and/or appropriate operating personnel of problems or unusual situations and provides recommendations for corrective action.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Economics.
- Three to five (3-5) years diversified experience in corporate and/or public accounting or two years’ experience with a CPA.
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend English accurately, clearly and concisely at a level required to perform the job as outlined.
- Ability to prepare highly technical reports and memoranda; be able to make oral/graphic presentations to all levels of management.
- Ability to quickly gain knowledge of company's organization, policies and operations of ASC accounting system.
- Must possess good work habits, a strong work ethic, and be able to adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette.