Location: Maslak, Istanbul
Language: Fluent English and Turkish
Timeframe: Role has full sign-off and budget
Salary/Package: Competitive salary and benefits on offer
Interviews: to be held within 1-2 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Pedro Gouveia and Felicia Brown
Key Words: Business Development, Sales, Management, Account Management, Customer relationships, Chemical industry, Coatings, paints, ADI
We are glad to be retained by a leading chemical company with a revenue of approximately USD 23 billion. Is a major player in the isocyanates industry. Specializing in MDI, TDI, and polyurethane, has expanded into petrochemicals and specialty chemicals, serving various sectors globally. Due to experienced recent growth, they are looking for an experienced Sales Manager in Istanbul, Turkey to continue to expand their ADI in the European/Asian market.
You will sell and market Aliphatic Isocyanates (ADI) in Turkey and neighboring regions. The Sales Manager will have the hunger to apply effective sales strategies. The goal is to ensure sales growth for ADI products, managing customer base and key accounts in the region.
- Regulations follow up
- Become familiar with and observe laws, provisions, and directions outside and inside the company connected to sales activity.
- Customer Orientation
- Represent the company to customers and market representatives with a professional and customer-oriented working attitude
- Maintain appropriate information flow between customers and internal organizations.
- Customer relationship management through regular visits
- Cooperate with companies’ colleagues and units supporting the Sales Manager to provide smooth service to the customer
- Market monitoring
- Follow up on market tendencies, be up to date on changes in the industrial environment
- Monitor relevant general market segment and/or customer-specific information and developments.
- Support decision-making in strategic marketing and business management through proposals.
- Planning, implementing and reporting
- To establish sales objectives, forecast and develop annual sales plan by regions and territories projecting expected sales volume and contribution margins
- Implement a sales program by developing a sales action plan
- Making offers
- Applies adequate pricing according to the sales strategy approved by relevant sales directors
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of general contracts and efficiency of the sales process by periods.
- Fulfil the reporting obligation assigned by the supervising directors.
Specific roles and responsibilities in a particular area:
- The job holder is the prime contact to all assigned customers, institutions, and other associations in the designated territory thus he shall act in a way to represent the interest of the company but also respect business partners whilst creating recognition and seeking to deliver targets set by the company.
- He shall do his utmost to translate the strategic intent of the company into tangible actions which allow the company to reach its strategic goals and maintain them.
- To know and understand the meaning of the company’s core values and build them into daily work. Knowledge, compliance, and reporting of the requirements of corporate core values, LEAN, quality management, environmental management, health and safety management, energy management
- Other tasks are delegated by a superior.
- Keeps contact with the below-listed units, organizations
- Internal relationship: ADI marketing and sales, customer service, logistics, finance, OM, HR, Credit management, legal department, production team
- External relationships Customers, companies R&D, other SBUs under companies Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related fields.
- 5-8 years of professional sales experience, preferably in the chemical or coatings industry. Strong experience in an international environment
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and opportunity identification skills.
- Valid Category B driving license.
- Ability to travel 50 %
- Ability to work in Istanbul, Turkey
- Fluent in English and Turkish
- Independent working ability.
- Strong result and commercial orientation. Building relationship.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Market knowledge in paints, coatings, or specialty chemicals.
The next steps
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not “tick all the boxes”, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance then please contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Pedro,